T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Neofamily

I'm a newbie for Neoflex user. just bought from AA early of this year. (own fast t-jet2 about 2 year before)

Now i think it's time to replace my printhead. my magenta is clogged. I try to swap damper with another channel, do waterfall but still the same issue.

with 8 month and more than 8000 printed, it's look great for me.

So i just wanna share my experience and wants to know when you replace it? how long and how many printed.

· Premium Member
2,547 Posts
On average a printhead will last around 2 years with daily use. There is no exact number...if you print 24/7 it won't last as long as the user that only prints 5 shirts a day. 2 years is usually a good time frame however I have seen printheads last MUCH longer than that with proper care...even with heavy use.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neoflex it's look much better than i think. 2 year with printhead for DTG printer is amazing.

my old model t-jet2, printhead life is about 2-4 month! (sit in humidity control room)

almost my order is white t-shirts. my white channel and another still perfect just only magenta have problem. we do print about 4-6 day for a week. some month we printed 600-900 but some month have large order about 1000-1500. average is 800-1000 printed per month.

i try to swap a damper with other channel but still the same issue. does it be problem with capping stations , o-ring or another problem? my nozzle check result for Magenta is look bad. (damper check as clip damper test already and my damper it's look ok)

**sorry for my poor english, hope you can understand my word.

· Registered
468 Posts
I have to replace my, because I delaminated it for not to take care when water falling, I get upset with a channel blocked and make to much pressure trying to unblock, so take it easy when work with the print head

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today, after received a genuine printhead,damper from AA. i was replace it already.

Magenta channel is still the same. not a 100% out. i try to test printing on Red color it look not a red, just a dark orange.

nozzle check is look normal but Magenta channel look diluted than another channel.

I was reinstall NeoRIP and change to use another USB port and also use new cartridge for Magenta.

Then i think to
- clean ink line
- change capping station

please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you so much.

Attachments

· Registered
468 Posts
I referring to an ink order parches, so you print solid blocks of each color. I use to print patches after daily maintenance, this way luge a little ink.

Clean magenta and one white channel, put just solvent in magenta channel and magenta in the white channel, do the ink order test and correct your color order, if you still have problems your ink is the problem

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After replace damper(Magenta) and clean Magenta line, take it rest for 2 day (auto cleaning every 4 hour) It's look better. (surely, i use cleaning solution :) Thank you Manuel)

but it's still have problem after 3-4 printed. it's seem bad nozzle when printing but i've check nozzle is all great after 3rd printed.

after clean everything look normal for first print but issue would be happen after 3rd printed. It seem unstable pressure in the magenta line.

So now i think may be have problem with a pressure in Magenta line, is it possible? (Please look my photo)

first time i saw this dirty sprays, i think it's normal because we printing everyday but today it's look many dirty and another Neoflex user does not same.

So i think issue may be come from O-ring or a valve?

**sorry for my weak English but i hope you can understand :)

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Definitely verify the plastic elbow/o-ring is in good condition. It is not hard to crack one of those elbows (J-Joints). I would also verify that your platens/bed is level and your printhead is at the appropriate distance from the garment.

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Not whether you've tried this - particularly useful when you see banding, particularly affecting reds.

A tip I was given by NeoFamily:

Not sure if you have already but if you go into the settings and switch it to a microweave 8pass the banding should be gone. Helps with heavy solids but the drawback is it takes almost 1.5x longer to print but quality is improved.

Layout > Print Setup > xxx base settings

In box that opens

Properties button > Device options tab ..... Microweaving dropdown under Print quality

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
after running my work for 2 day after fixed it.

now it sure problem come with O-ring or j-jonts.

I don't have O-ring or j-jonts in my stock, so i try to use a pipe thread seal tape (sorry i don't know a true word, please look my photo)

I done a tape around spiral of damper connected for sealed an o-ring with damper and take a plastic elbow off for clean with warm water.

Now Magenta channel is great. i running my work 30 t-shirts for test and everything nice.

I would replace a new o-ring and plastic elbow later.

Thank you very much for your helping me to fixed this :D very happy to be here

Attachments

· Registered
3,098 Posts
This is the Epson part number for the 'O' rings:

Manuf. : Epson
Manu. Pno.: 1056164
Product : ORING CONECTOR M7

The plastic nuts

Manuf. : Epson
Manu. Pno.: 1091107
Product : CONNECTING SCREW M7