T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in other posts i see that some of you are saying that some shops will keep the screens for you to re-use later...

how long can a screen be used for?? does the quality of the print decrease with long usage or no??

if i would be willing to pay the guy to keep the screens exclusive for me, how much would that cost (if anything at all)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
MikeyFingaz said:
in other posts i see that some of you are saying that some shops will keep the screens for you to re-use later...

how long can a screen be used for?? does the quality of the print decrease with long usage or no??

if i would be willing to pay the guy to keep the screens exclusive for me, how much would that cost (if anything at all)
As stated in some of the other posts, some printers don't keep screens (some of those don't charge for screens, so it doesn't matter).

A lot of printers believe that screens do deteriorate after sitting for a long period of time.

As for cost, you'd have to talk to the individual printers to see what they charge. Could be you find a printer that doesn't charge screen fees, so it doesn't matter if they keep them or not.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
It depends on the printer, the materials they use to make their screens, and the quality of their storage facilities.

If they have a professional air-conditioned storage system, and very well made screens, there's no reason the screens couldn't last a year or more (even a couple of years).

I'm not sure many printers would be willing to use their space to hold a print you only got reprinted every two years though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello!

My screenprinter charges 1-time $25 per screen setup fee and 1-time artwork fee. So after my initial run, I don't pay those fees every again to get more t-shirts made.

As far as how long the screens last? Not that long. But my guy will burn screens again if he has to without a charge. You might just have to hunt around for the customer-friendly independent screeprinter like I did.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just used a screen that I done for a client back in 2004. I just did a run of 6 dozen.

The total amount of shirts done with this screen is probably around 200-250 pc.

So it depends on how many shirts have been done with it, How good it was made, and maybe how it was stored but this one I forgot I had and it wasn't stored very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts