T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of new to printing. I have done basic shrits and I was looking to print some more intense designs. I saw a shirt I liked and was wondering how it was done.

FreestyleXtreme shirt

Is this all one color? how is this done?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
It's possibly a 1 color print using halftones or it could be done with multiple screens to achieve higher detail and more tonal range. I haven't seen this shirt in person and it's hard to tell from that pic.
If you want to do something like that and you're fairly new to screen printing, i'd look at doing a 1 color halftone print.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd bet its halftones, just like PixelPimp suggested. Keep in mind its also an over sized print, I'm guessing the screen used was a 20"x26".

·
Registered
2 Posts
So if I were to try and make this art work on a shirt would I just use photoshop and and just draw it or paint it and then change it to half tones or whats the best way to make it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What kind of screen should I use? a 305? I dont want to feel the ink on the shirt and when I print my shirt the ink comes on thick and I hate it! how do I stop that from happening?

·
Registered
306 Posts
you would need to be able to print a large positive. Then in regards to your ink, you could either add a soft hand extender to lighten your plastisol, or use water based ink. I think the biggest problem would be getting a positive made in that size. I have been able to make some large positives by printing two large (13x22) positives. The only problem was with the halftones when attempting to line up the positives. When burning them, they tend to have a line down the middle due to either washing out or screwing up the halftones. Aloha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts