T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is going to be a stupid question. But then I guess there is no such thing. How do they transfer designs on t-shirts that are bigger than images created by your computer.
If you print your own images are you limited by the size of your printer output or is there some way to to break down your graphic into pieces and tranfer it to look like one continual piece. Also does the size of your heat press limit the size of tranfer you can use.

Thanks for your help. I can't wait to read more of this forum. Seems like t-shirt people are pretty cool!

· Registered
24 Posts
I know this is going to be a stupid question. But then I guess there is no such thing. How do they transfer designs on t-shirts that are bigger than images created by your computer.
If you print your own images are you limited by the size of your printer output or is there some way to to break down your graphic into pieces and tranfer it to look like one continual piece. Also does the size of your heat press limit the size of tranfer you can use.

Thanks for your help. I can't wait to read more of this forum. Seems like t-shirt people are pretty cool!
Um, I guess you're asking how to print images that are bigger than the transfer paper size or printer output?? Yes you can break it up in your graphics program and you shouldn't be limited by heat press platen since the pressing surface on the garment can be moved around, you'll just need to protect the previously imaged areas. There's software for doing that on tile (Mosaic) too, but if you know your graphics program well enough it's not too hard to do manually.

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
How do they transfer designs on t-shirts that are bigger than images created by your computer.
Designs that large are rarely down by transfer printing; mostly they're done with screenprinting. For the rare exceptions (like dye sublimation) there are wide format printers for commercial use.

If you print your own images are you limited by the size of your printer output or is there some way to to break down your graphic into pieces and tranfer it to look like one continual piece.
You could place multiple transfers next to each other, but it would look even worse than usual.

Also does the size of your heat press limit the size of tranfer you can use.
It doesn't have to. You can press the transfer a section at a time. It's more difficult and time consuming, but it can be done if the job at hand makes it worth doing.

· Registered
1,099 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
You want to tile the design. in tiling it will make a small overlap on each page you should be able to move the overlap line. try to make that line in places with solid areas. it will make it easier with the line up after printing. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.