T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide which cutter to buy and was looking at the Roland Stika sv8. From what i've seen i'm pretty sure it doesn't have the optical eye thing that the GX 24 and other plotters have.
My designs are a mix of text and occassionaly complicated graphics and i'm worried that without the eye, the cutter will not be accurate enough.
Could somebody please put my mind at rest or point me in the right direction.
I have a pretty small budget and want to stay as close or lower than £300 if poss.
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.:)

·
Registered
462 Posts
The "eye" is only used for contour cutting, so if you do not already have a vinyl printer or heat transfer printer, you may not need the contour cutting feature.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree if your not going to use the cutter to trim around heat transfers, I would buy a inexpensive cutter and see how it goes. I bought a cutter and then upgraded to a better one. .... JB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've got an Epson R265 and a heat press and use Adobe Illustrator.
So basically you both think the Stika cutter will work fine? Not sure if that was even a question but I put a question mark at the end to make it one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked out uscutter.com but even from ebay, the shipping costs to the UK put the cutters over my budget. Any idea if there are any UK suppliers or any alternatives please.
Also looked at heatpressvinyl.com but really couldn't get on with their site and that kind of puts me off straight away.
Appreciate the help.:D

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Hey chris, I suggest you email UScutter and find out about their machines. I'm sure there is the same machine with a different name you can find that will be more affordable. I know that kenimes on this forum is affiliated with UScutter and will be able to help you. I suggest you send him a pm and ask him for some help. .... JB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts