T-Shirt Forums banner

How I Made 40K In 2 Months On Teespring

12K views 49 replies 28 participants last post by  djque 
#1 ·
Yep the title is true. I started a little tee operation a few months ago and never thought it would change my life completely. I went from needing cash advances to pay my rent, to being completely self employed.

I've had amazing success using Teespring and I'm writing an e-book about how I did what I did.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten into the e-book realm and what a good price point would be for the book? I'm going to appropriately title it, 'How I Made 40K In 2 Months On Teespring.

Cheers!

#2 ·
Well, that is certainly impressive.

Looking at the teespring site, it seems totally oriented toward T-shirt creators. Where the heck do people go to shop/buy shirts? Do you actually have to create an account and login before you can browse shirts :confused: That would be plain crazy, a huge barrier.

So what is your handle on teespring? Is there a link to your store/page, or the like? Else I am tempted to think you are some sort of gorilla marketing campaign for teespring, not an actual user :)

#6 ·
I understand everyone's skepticism but it's true. I found one niche market and have been hammering away at it for a few months.

I don't work for Teespring although I'd certainly entertain a job offer lol.

If this was spam I'd probably have a link to something here, but I'm real, and was just looking for honest opinions on book cost. I was thinking of $30. While not everyone will have the success I have, it' certainly possible. I'm not a designer by trade and I've had a crazy start.

I'm a real person, my FB is facebook.com/mikeshafferradio

#19 ·
:D Yup. And I wouldn't be in any hurry to tell the rest of the world how to do it.

Still, perhaps TS is legit... :confused:

I'm still confused as to how teespring works. Where do buyers go to shop for shirts? The home page is all about getting you to be a seller; nothing at all about how to buy or how to shop ... Seems lame, but maybe I'm missing something :eek:

#21 ·
Man give this kid the benefit of the doubt...40k isn't a life changing amount,but its a good start if you ask me..****!!! I SALUTE YOU IF YOU DID MAKE 40K OFF YOUR SHIRTS..GOOD **** HOMIE...

People of course want to see numbers to prove this post..You prob sound like an arrogant lucky first try type of dude..theres a lot of vets on here...

But I for one will not hate...do your thing homie..

-Capo Dan

#22 ·
Thanks Capo. I didn't make this thread to sell anything to any one here, nor do I need to provide my bank statements to prove anything.

Whether anyone believes me or not isn't really a concern of mine. The fact is, my story is such that what I've done and learned would be valuable in an eBook for people trying to sell using crowd funded sites like Teespring.

This pic, along with my story and proof that I'm not spam will also be in the book.

Attachments

#27 ·
planb, I am planning on giving away some free copies when it's done.

If you're not familiar with crowd funded sales, it works like Kickstarter, if you sell tees, you get paid. If you don't no harm no foul, unless you lose advertising money.

The percentage they take is fair considering the fact that they're printing and fulfilling all your orders. I've had campaigns sell over 1400. Try shipping that in your bedroom.

#29 ·
You are operating a unsustainable hit and miss business, on the other side of our distribution business we work with numerous schools were our average orders are 1400 and multiples of that are most common from the same schools in any given school year, that doesn't even include Letterman jackets, patches etc ,etc.

There are many folks on here that do the same volume or more working out of their spare bedroom. You should really know what you are talking about before you comment.

#36 ·
as far as the tee spring site goes it seems like a cool idea. I might try it out and see what happens. The only thing i don't like is it looks like you have to drive traffic to your page to have people buy the shirts. Vs having a place to browse through like kick starter does.
Ah, I see. Well, then, of no use to me since I have my own site and print my own shirts. But this would have been cool 30 years ago when I was trying to make a go of printing shirts in the attic of a granny-flat apartment :)

#35 ·
For someone trying to make a quick buck this could work if you get lucky and your design goes viral. However for small shops or owner/operators this maybe a way for a little extra income with no risk. Although you will only be as successful as you can promote it. Social media is likely the best way to promote as that the business model. This really isn't for the custom to print shops. This is more geared towards someone who has an idea and wants to make a quick buck with no risk other then a high commission on your overall sales. However since you are doing nothing except the marketing your item.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.