T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I believe you can order specially made transfers (that usually cost more too) that have glittery or foil-like properties. I don't know if there is really any way to add it yourself effectively.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
there are a couple of ways to go about it.

You can get pre mixed stock glitter inks from the majority of the ink manufacturers. Just print through an extremely low mesh fram lieka normal print. 60 mesh or lower, depending on the size of flakes you use

You can get a base and mix your own glitter flakes and print like the above.

As far as transfers Im not real sure.

Rutland has a great Base
MA0221-Glitter Base you add your flakes and bam. when run through the dryer the base (which acts like a glue) sinks into the shirt (still holds the flakes) and all you feel are the flakes. awesome stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried 60-line screen and got the base of the glitter ink ok, the glitter still on top of the screen. You must go to at least 36 meshes for the glitter to go through. All the ink companies sells glitter ink just ask for a swatch book.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
You could also just use one of the metallic screenprinting inks (most ranges have them). It they're mixable (which they should be), you can take a silver ink and mix it with pretty much anything. It won't be chunk glitter though, but a metallic pearlescence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts