T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think?

I am still fairly new to the apparel business, but I want to break into it as soon as I can. AND in a good way. I know it takes time, but tell me what you think? If you have any tips or pointers I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

SOB Apparel

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would definitely go to Magic as a spectator, and take some of youe samples with you to show buyers, and get feedback. but as far as setting up a booth not so sure If you're a startup. If you have the capital, and are ready to take a $4000.00 loss If things don't go well on the first exibition. That booth money could go towards product, and getting your stuff in stores, and also creating some buzz for your product.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: What do you think?

One thing that stood out to me is that you have the shipping prices next to the product prices. As a consumer, I personally like the idea of knowing exactly how much I'll be paying before I ad to cart. I am not so sure the people who have more experience would agree with me, though. I've heard that it's better to sell for $19.99 than an even $20, and I imagine that not telling how much shipping costs would fit with that philosophy. You know, sort of get people to think they are spending less money than they actually are...or something. I don't fully understand how it is supposed to work. Speaking of price, what brand blanks are you printing on? For me, $30 is more than I would pay for a digital transfer on a white t-shirt, although if the blank was high quality like American Apparel, I would give a bit more consideration.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I would also recommend going only as a spectator at least once so you get an idea of what you are getting into.

Also when you go to MAGIC it's not just about your line being ready, it's about your business being ready too. Preferably you will have done at least one successful delivery. Buyers need to know they can count on you. If you go to MAGIC and you're not ready it's a huge waste of money.

If you are serious about doing this I would highly recommend you get a copy of the Entrepreneur's Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing. You can buy it from the Fashion-Incubator blog (which is linked on the left sidebar). There is a ton of info in the book (and also the blog) that will help you get ready.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts