T-Shirt Forums banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks,
I am asking as the most recent person who can't figure out the cost I should be charging for heat transfer pricing, if someone could email me a spread sheet on it so I have an good idea. My email is [email protected]

I am a jack of all trades really not specializing in shirts but I have the option to do them from time to time so I would like to add that to my repertoire.

Thank you kindly,
Danamal

·
Registered
450 Posts
just wanted to check and see if anyone has a spreadsheet that breaks down just the cost of what it costs YOU to make the design for like HTV and or Vinyl decals non printed?

IF you dont---- I have a free one i put together. Send me an email to [email protected] and i will send you what i have ,and if you have any questions, i will help you out. If you dont have microsoft excel or office for excel sheets etc you can also down load this awesome FREE program from the web called Libreoffice5.4 . It fully replaces Microsoft office and works perfect,,Here is the link to their site also..Download the top link https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to heat pressing tshirts! I used to make vinyl signs years ago, and decided to get back into it, and added heat pressing clothing to the mix. Please break down simple pricing of shirts! and what about if I design a logo for their shirts? how do I price that? thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ready to wear apparel sold down to the single unit is fairly straightforward in figuring costs and pricing what the market bears.

I do mostly bulk orders. That's where is gets complicated. There is a cost accounting cost side and a microeconomics revenue side

I have a cost calculation spreadsheet that is probably way too complicated for anyone to follow without lengthy explanation (sorry, I am not offering to share it). It is often too complicated for my own taste. (and I developed it - I did complex project cost projections in an earlier life and, and have an accounting degree.)

It captures approximate cost differences in size and color, labor, print methods, quantity, depreciation, overhead.... a lot more of detail rolled in.

Most would find something about it to pick at, criticize, and disagree with. Many variables are going to be very specific to one business and the same model may not work for another.

No doubt I could shortcut and simplify much of it, but that is not my nature.

Various businesses could utilize a fairly wide variety of different cost models and be equally profitable, there is no right model as long as the cost variables are in line with the reality .

Then there is the revenue side: price elasticity, competition... all that stuff, what the market will bear.

In the end it is all projections... guesswork.

The REAL answer is that pricing is as much an art as a science. It must ultimately satisfy both marketing (price) and accounting (costs) to leave you enough in between (profit).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Pricing

I put together a custom pricing grid in excel where you can plug in different variables to calculate a finished price. If anyone is interested they can PM me an email address. Its for heat transfer vinyl only.
Hi Josh, i know this post was written many years ago but i was wondering if you still have this and if you're still willing to share? i'm new to the business and trying to figure things out myself as well. Thank you very much :)

141 - 160 of 163 Posts