T-Shirt Forums banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sorry but it's alarming so many people seek this spreadsheet?! How can one get into business not understanding how to cost things? Create your own spreadsheet or hire someone who understands formulas. Everyone's business will run differently. Good luck..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry but it's alarming so many people seek this spreadsheet?! How can one get into business not understanding how to cost things? Create your own spreadsheet or hire someone who understands formulas. Everyone's business will run differently. Good luck..
This Thread has been up since 2006 or so and now some one wants to come in here and troll people that has done nothing but try to better themselves and their business. Your irrlevant comments are not welcome in this forum. You have no idea what REASON any one has for posting or asking a question. You ask "How can one get into business not understanding how to cost things?", thats why this post was created. So people can get an understanding. Stop JUDGING and worry about your own business. Why were you even in this thread anyway if your so much better than everyone.

PS
I was warned about posting in this forum because of people like the one that posted these comments. Its a shame.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Formyfamily:

This place can be, and is, a huge source of knowledge. The fact that so many people here that are in the same business as everone else, yet willing to give up a little secret here, a little secret there with a potential competitor is unheard of in other forums.

Yet, you with your 3 post history dares to come in here and lay down some creed of how we're supposed to act when all we're doing is saying the truth without all the happy sugar coating you were expecting? How dare you.

For the record, LQP makes a very relevant statement. Everybody wants the book of secrets. They want to start their shirt business, knowing nothing other than they think they can buy a heat press, a printer, and off they go... but, hrmmm what to charge, eh?

So they come back here and essentially want someone here to start up their company for them; inventory issues, pricing, why don't my shirts hold up, and a slew of other things that they should have thought of before becoming an "apparel decorator".

So, why don't you step back, knock on the door again, and try not to make your 3rd post sound like you're entitled. We all will be glad to welcome you here, but you got to do a little better than that.

·
Administrator
14,333 Posts
Formyfamily:

This place can be, and is, a huge source of knowledge. The fact that so many people here that are in the same business as everone else, yet willing to give up a little secret here, a little secret there with a potential competitor is unheard of in other forums.

Yet, you with your 3 post history dares to come in here and lay down some creed of how we're supposed to act when all we're doing is saying the truth without all the happy sugar coating you were expecting? How dare you.

For the record, LQP makes a very relevant statement. Everybody wants the book of secrets. They want to start their shirt business, knowing nothing other than they think they can buy a heat press, a printer, and off they go... but, hrmmm what to charge, eh?

So they come back here and essentially want someone here to start up their company for them; inventory issues, pricing, why don't my shirts hold up, and a slew of other things that they should have thought of before becoming an "apparel decorator".

So, why don't you step back, knock on the door again, and try not to make your 3rd post sound like you're entitled. We all will be glad to welcome you here, but you got to do a little better than that.
Not sure why the criticism on Formyfamily. They are 100% correct.

This forum is intended for folks who want to learn things and folks who want to share knowledge. If you're neither, which apparently LQP is, then why are you here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I WILL not sir. FACT: There are pricing charts and calculators all over the internet as well as videos for knowledge. FACT: I don't remember directing the post towards you...hmm sounds personal on your behalf. Your judgement doesn't surprise me but glad you could come to the rescue. I didn't see any STATEMENT of that nature posted anywhere else in this thread until now but I appreciate you and your snappy come back. Don't believe I ever said I was entitled to anything, that is your assumption. GOD BLESS SIR

·
Administrator
14,333 Posts
Seriously? Using your logic:

1. How can one be in business without knowing "if generic toner causes any issues vs original OKI toners?" http://www.t-shirtforums.com/laser-heat-transfer-paper/t268569-6.html#post3927489

2. It's alarming so many people seek "alternative mug press options". http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t745369.html#post3927409

Do your own toner comparisons and try out various mug presses yourself or hire someone to do it for you. How would you like it if someone gave you this advice?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You guys need to chill. I'm curious to learn whatever I can. Yes I came into this thread hoping to learn something like on the other threads. Don't come to me with nonsense about being polite and helping people out. This whole thread is about people with low post history asking for an excel formula that will help them be in business. Asking the difficult question wasn't to necessarily troll, it was to engage and ask how and why would you get into business and invest in some expensive equipment without knowing how to calculate your own costs.

The worst is most people (and I checked) have no other activity on the forum besides this thread whereby I am here trying to learn and hoping someone will respond to my questions. But if I make a comment like I did above suddenly responses either way come flooding through. It makes me wonder. But anyway, I'm not into getting all upset and internet fighting so forgive me for all the nerves I've touched.

·
Administrator
14,333 Posts
This whole thread is about people with low post history asking for an excel formula that will help them be in business.

whereby I am here trying to learn and hoping someone will respond to my questions. But if I make a comment like I did above suddenly responses either way come flooding through. It makes me wonder. But anyway, I'm not into getting all upset and internet fighting so forgive me for all the nerves I've touched.
Speaking of low count post histories, you haven't been here long enough to know, but this is a friendly, helpful forum. People are mainly here to learn. Not just people just getting into the business, but veterans too.

I see a post from someone with a low post count asking for a spreadsheet to help calculate quotes and I assume it's someone just getting into the business looking to learn. You see what, idiots?

Asking the difficult question wasn't to necessarily troll, it was to engage and ask how and why would you get into business and invest in some expensive equipment without knowing how to calculate your own costs....The worst is most people (and I checked) have no other activity on the forum besides this thread.
you're assuming folks are already in the business and have expensive equipment from reading a couple of posts that mention nothing about that?

whereby I am here trying to learn and hoping someone will respond to my questions.
The people asking for a copy of the spreadsheet are trying to learn too. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Even if they've been in business forever and have the most expensive equipment available, and already have a killer spreadsheet that are already using, is it so wrong to see what others are doing to see if they improve their already awesome system?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Speaking of low count post histories, you haven't been here long enough to know, but this is a friendly, helpful forum. People are mainly here to learn. Not just people just getting into the business, but veterans too.

I see a post from someone with a low post count asking for a spreadsheet to help calculate quotes and I assume it's someone just getting into the business looking to learn. You see what, idiots?

you're assuming folks are already in the business and have expensive equipment from reading a couple of posts that mention nothing about that?

The people asking for a copy of the spreadsheet are trying to learn too. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Even if they've been in business forever and have the most expensive equipment available, and already have a killer spreadsheet that are already using, is it so wrong to see what others are doing to see if they improve their already awesome system?
Joe, I'm not going to argue with you.

I said what I said in utter disbelief. Not actually looking to start a fight and very happy to gain my post count here.

Thanks for your opinions and I hope we will get an opportunity to have a friendly conversation another day.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts