T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After you guys pick which Cart you are going to use....who do you guys like as a payment gateway? Or can you use paypal as a payment gateway also. I lokked at Authorize.net but I'm not selling anything yet just started and was looking for a cheaper solution?

· Registered
17 Posts
Re: Payment Gateway

Yeah the guy setting up our website is going to set us up with Paypal website payments pro. Paypal's fees are pretty reasonable and they're very well known. Only thing is I've heard a few horror stories about people's money getting frozen in accounts.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
PayPal is a good option if you aren't ready for a full on merchant account yet (like e-onlinedata/authorizenet)

But once you start processing a lot of transactions each month, it can look a bit more professional and keep the customers on your site when you get your own merchant account. That way the customers never have to leave your site, the charge on their credit card statement has your own business name, and you can accept credit cards directly (like for phone orders).

· Registered
814 Posts
it hink paypal is the best option for beginiers who dont want to spend a lot out of pocket, and do not want to have to set up secure gateways and all that stuff.

I use paypal pro which is $30/month but the customer does not NEED to go to paypal to pay. The customer doesnt even know that they are using paypal because it works like a payment gateway, but it also gives them the option to pay with paypal if they so choose.

As for shopping cart software, i chose the one with the best support forum. I chose oscommerce. It has a crappy out of the box look, but you can do a TON with it..There is also Zen Cart which is another favorite..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.