T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there! My business partner and I have had our company for just over a year and we are receiving very mixed reviews from customers with regards to pricing. How do you folks price your prints with your fast t-jet? We have a T-Jet 2 and find that anything without a white underbase is usually simple, but the white really takes a lot more work to look good.

We use flat rates for printing based on 1 side of the shirt, both sides of the shirt, etc.

How do you other business people price? What works the best for you and your customers? Thank you! :)

G

·
Are you pricing them as the same price for 1 as it is for 24? If so, that would be a problem. You have to give price breaks. Many people who offer customization can sell one or two. Most everyone has a "price break sheet" to refer to real quick.

Some break up prices based on image size used (for ink consumption). While this is cost effective for you, That to me gets a little too far out of control on pricing. Way too many line items that way. The less you can confuse your customer, the better.

I would get an idea of what one side full color area cost you to make and that is your price for a print, no matter the size. If you need to,k you could do a break on left chest sized prints.

I have a price for whites and a price for all other garment colors. Then I give price breaks base don quantity ordered. 1-5, 6-11, 12-23, 24-47, 48-71 72 and up. I max out at 144 on DTG.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you pricing them as the same price for 1 as it is for 24? If so, that would be a problem. You have to give price breaks. Many people who offer customization can sell one or two. Most everyone has a "price break sheet" to refer to real quick.

Some break up prices based on image size used (for ink consumption). While this is cost effective for you, That to me gets a little too far out of control on pricing. Way too many line items that way. The less you can confuse your customer, the better.

I would get an idea of what one side full color area cost you to make and that is your price for a print, no matter the size. If you need to,k you could do a break on left chest sized prints.

I have a price for whites and a price for all other garment colors. Then I give price breaks base don quantity ordered. 1-5, 6-11, 12-23, 24-47, 48-71 72 and up. I max out at 144 on DTG.
We do price breaks on quanitities:
10-24 = 10% off
25-49 = 15% off
50-249 = 20% off

Do you do you price breaks based on dollars or percentage? That is a good idea to have different pricing for white since it requires no underbase... We charge

$25.00 for a t-shirt with printing on front or back
$30.00 for a t-shirt with printing on both sides
We supply the garment. Is this similiar to your system? Thank you for your help, by the way.

G

·
It's pretty close to my numbers. I don't have it say 10% or 15% discount from my original price. I have the actual $ shown in each quantity bracket.

My pricing is broken down more than yours is. You seem to have the same price discount on a far greater quantity of tees like a span of 51 to 250 are all priced the same. I offer a few more breaks in quantity.

· Registered
634 Posts
I agree with dtgcp. Especially at the higher numbers, even with full color printing, on white shirts screen printers are going to be your competition at WAY lower pricing. I'd break that top braket into 50, 100, 150, 200, etc...and give bigger discounts at the higher brackets (assuming you still make a profit).

Or another idea is to do over 100 on a individual quote basis. If its a small area you might be able to quote a better price.

Good luck,
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.