T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a t-shirt forum, but I am wondering how you move beyond just having designs printed on standard clothing and move into specialty clothing with unique designs. Such as ski/snowboard winter clothing (snow pants, winter coats, etc). Are there any USA or foreign companies who release yearly designs of quality clothing that you can simply have your brand sewn onto? Rather than going through the process of actually designing the clothing?

·
Registered
22 Posts
tomld said:
I know this is a t-shirt forum, but I am wondering how you move beyond just having designs printed on standard clothing and move into specialty clothing with unique designs. Such as ski/snowboard winter clothing (snow pants, winter coats, etc). Are there any USA or foreign companies who release yearly designs of quality clothing that you can simply have your brand sewn onto? Rather than going through the process of actually designing the clothing?
This might not be quite what your looking for, but try Alternative Apparel. click here They don't have heavy coats, but they have fleece pull overs and light weight jackets. You can have them sew in your label, but you have to purchase large quantities, I think.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I don't know of any companies like that that come out with yearly catalogs of fashion garmet styles that you can sew your label into, but I'm sure they must exist.

I know of one company that recently made the transition from just t-shirts to also include more fashion items like jeans and button up shirts, so I'll see if I can get some input from them (or get them to post).

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a great company from Canada called ID Wear.
That has tons of stuff.

Also look into sourcing companies. MAGIC in Vegas has a great sourcing area with people from all over the world.

check them out as well.

It really depends on your mins. etc.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post, MindTrix :) :welcome:

MindTrix, by the way, is the company I was referring to above. They've come a long way (from cafepress to having their fashion line in retail boutique shops). Hopefully I'll get an interview posted with them soon.

There is a great company from Canada called ID Wear.
Thanks for the tip. Here's the idwear website: http://www.idwear.com

Also look into sourcing companies. MAGIC in Vegas has a great sourcing area with people from all over the world.
The more I hear about tradeshows, the more I realize that's where I need to be. Not only for the opportunity to possible get designs in retail outlets, but for the networking and and related companies that can help me grow my business.

2006 for sure (maybe not the big daddy Magic, but at least one show :))!

·
2,957 Posts
Rodney, I agree about the tradeshows. They seem to be "the place to be".
You gave me some links to some tradeshows a while back. I checked those out and may attend one of those next year myself. Magic is very expensive if you want to get a booth. If anybody is interested the thread is with the links to the tradeshows ifs here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts