T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
My only first-hand experience with a Speed Treater was from the guy that showed me his Anajet printer last year before I bought mine. His treater was completely rusted out after owning it for about 60 days. I'm 99% confident that he did not maintain it like the manufacturer (Equipment Zone?) recommends. He did say that he liked it prior to it locking up on him and he was pretty disappointed that it no longer functioned. This isn't meant to be a negative post on the Speed Treater, just a note of what can happen to it (or probably any pretreating machine that is made out of metal) if you don't take care of it. It did look like a well built machine compared to some other "off brands" that I saw at ISS Orlando.

· Registered
5,872 Posts
What you actually saw was not rust but dried pretreatment overspray due to lack of maintenance. We see this on occasion on machines where the customer has not done any scheduled maintenance. The SpeedTreater spray valve, for instance, is made of stainless steel. Dried pretreatment spray turns brown and looks like rust on the surface of the spray valve. A little cleaner rubbed on the valve easily takes any dried overspray off and the valve is shiny again.

CoorsDTG makes a great point that any piece of equipment requires maintaining it according to manufacturers recommendations. By the way, please let the person who showed you his pretreater to contact us and we can get him up and running.

Harry
Equipment Zone

· Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the info Harry. I had no idea that the pretreatment would dry a brown color. Just as an FYI, what type of maintenance (daily/weekly) does it take to keep a Speed Treater in good working condition? Does it take a full flush every now and then to keep the pretreatment from drying like I saw? Is there a recommended or provided cleaning solution to use?

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Maintenance on the SpeedTreater Automatic Pretreater is fairly simple. I have attached a video showing the flushing process at the end of the day. In addition, we recommend removing the spray nozzle from the valve (takes a few seconds to do) and putting it in a cup of alcohol overnight. Just takes a few seconds to put the nozzle back on the next day you want to use the SpeedTreater. About every week or two scrub the canisters out with hot water. That's all you really need to do.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7tusYy-U2E[/MEDIA]

Harry
Equipment Zone

· Registered
868 Posts
A couple of years ago I worked for a company in the UK that prints thousands of t-shirts a year using all types of d-t-g machines.

The speedtreater we had was a life saver, quick and simple to use. We could pre treat hundreds of shirts a day without getting covered in the sticky stuff.

It never broke down once, however we did clean it down once in a while !

The more modern machines tend to have more control and can pre treat in selected areas like a left chest print but the catch is they cost a lot more.

Its a good machine & well built.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.