T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I would have to agree with the About Us page, although the blog may take care of some part of that.

The blog itself looks nice, you have good photos and nice write ups. I'm not sure, however, that it functions as a cart as well as you think it does. First of all, there's no descriptions of the products when you go to the product page. What are these shirts made of? Are they 100% cotton, a blend or what? Also, when you click on the thumbnail of the product, you don't get a bigger view, at least not in Firefox.

The dropdown menu on your product link doesn't go anywhere until after you put something in your cart. Many people think dropdown menus are there to be clicked, so it might confuse some website users.

There are no return or shipping policies listed anywhere. There's also no explanation of what P&P is. On your shirts there is a $5.00 P & P charge. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not familiar with that usage. I Googled it and discovered it meant postage and packing, but now I still don't know if that's the shipping charge or in addition to the shipping charge. That needs to be explained.

I think you've got a good start on things, but you need to do some work to make the site more customer friendly.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cool clothes man, and nice and photoshoot at the old Zoo... until you got kicked out :mad:

I think the site is nice, but maybe a little too "blog-ish", at least IMO. I love blogs and the feel of getting the inside scoop on a company, but I think it's being over done by a lot of people and it makes the brand seem a little less-professional when it's so prominent... I don't know, I've been trying to find that balance of product vs. story on my site too.

I tested out your "add to cart" button, but after I did I wasn't sure what to do next. I didn't see any checkout buttons or anything, might want to see if you can make that a little easier (props on having your store on the site though, I'm still working on that one). Also not a fan of the "star rating" under that shirts, you should think all your shirts are bomb, plus everyone has different tastes, so to me ratings don't make sense.

Just my thoughts, take um or leave um. But seriously, nice shirts, I like the script logo shirt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great start! Although, when I click on a shirt to view a larger image, nothing happens. Might just be my comp, but thought I'd mention it just in case. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great start! Although, when I click on a shirt to view a larger image, nothing happens. Might just be my comp, but thought I'd mention it just in case. Good luck!
Also, where I try and rate your designs, there are no stars that appear on my end to click. Again, this might be something with my computer, but something to take a look at just to make sure!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool clothes man, and nice and photoshoot at the old Zoo... until you got kicked out :mad:

I think the site is nice, but maybe a little too "blog-ish", at least IMO. ...
Yes, I agree. Really nice looking stuff and I liked the feel of the site but, if I had just stumbled across your site and not been linked from the forum, I wouldn't have immediately known that I could actually purchase the shirts. I finally noticed the small "products page" link at the top of the page but that was after reading some of the blog info. I'm guessing I'm a pretty average internet shopper and only spend a few seconds deciding if I want to stay on a website. If I was looking to purchase a shirt, I honestly don't know if the "product" page link would have grabbed my attention soon enough.

The thumbnail link didn't work for me either but I'm guessing that's just a glitch. (I'm one of those pinicky folks who want a real close up of any shirts I buy.:))

Very nice start though!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would agree with the close ups of the tees.

Also the links in the 'products page' drop down list would be better as stand alone links at the top of the page in my opinion.

I would also make it more obvious that you sell stuff Instead of 'products page', maybe have 'shop'?

The site is pretty good though. I like what you have done with the blog, it let me know there are people behind your brand and gives me an idea of what it's all about.

By the way, what is the street team? You mention it but don't say what it is exactly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for you insight! It means a lot to me, i put a lot of hard work and effort into the website. I have a different banner i wanted to use but the designer just put that up for the time being ( After reading your c&c i am going to make him change that ASAP!)

I think i might need to try a different checkout service, anyone familiar with google check out? I do agree on the P&P comment.

I like to read a lot of blogs and i feel like you can connect with the clothing line and lets you know what the company is up to etc. i think once i change the banner it won't look so much like just a "Blogging" website and like an actual clothing website that sells quality products.

Any other comments would be great guys :) i will update everyone once the final details are done.

-Blake

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay the fixed background is fixed now, this is the new banner i plan on using.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I like the font used on the new banner.

An explanation of what Soiree means to you would be nice.

Without reading all of the other postings it felt like you are trying to figure out what your line is about. Also it felt like you are trying to introduce you products to retailers and/or wholesalers and not the consumer directly.

I don't get a feel for what makes your products special or different from others. The design is nice. The quality of the shirts doesn't look cheap but why would I buy from you and not Ecko or Coogi?

Continue to work on it. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also, on my browser, when you click on a thumbnail for your shirts, the screen just dims, and no lightbox comes up. I'd also make the thumbnails a little bigger so they fit the page better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's off to a good start, but I have to agree with a few people that it has to be a little more user friendly. You might want to look into the issue with the product pics not enlarging when you click on them. As a customer I would want to see a close up of the design. An "About" page would be a nice addition as well.

Jeff
fifthfundamental.com

1 - 20 of 31 Posts