T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there...

A couple months ago I opened a small state t shirt shop with CP... I was skeptic about this, but one month later I sold my first t shirt, at that moment I felt really happy!!! I couldn't believe... somebody is going to wear one of my designs it was a pretty cool feeling.

Thank god Im selling more tshirts, but every time that I received an email that said "you made a sale at Cafepress.com! I smile and feel good...

Ok, now... how do you feel when you sold your first CP Shirt? I would like to here your story...

Tks.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I don't know about my first CP shirt (I'm sure it was very cool as well), but I remember I was freakin' shocked when I sold my first t-shirt "online" in 1996.

Mostly I was shocked because I was half heartedly selling them, I didn't have ANY type of ecommerce. The person that ordered actually took the time to write out an order form and mail in a money order. It was a lady in Brooklyn named Lisa.

Man, I was hooked after that. My brain already started figuring out the possibilities and potential of this "internet" thing :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have not sold my first yet. I just started and I'm still try'n to get rolling. I'm sure I'll be very happy.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Rodney- Where do you sell your shirts at? Do you have a website? I'd like to check out your stuff if its possible. Thanks.

General thread note:
Feel free to send questions like this via PM :D That way it doesn't interrupt the thread topic. Usually, when people don't list their website in their signature, they probably have a reason why they don't want to post it in the forums (whatever those reasons may be). Also, since we don't allow self promotion URL drops or advertising in the forum threads, I wouldn't want to start a trend :)

Wow... that was 10 years ago... pretty cool, how many t shirts have you sold ?
Just that 1. Man, those were the day.

just kiddin. I've sold a lot of t-shirts :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
In 1996 I don't even knew that internet existed... I bought my first computer in 1998 and I've started surfing the web thanks to Internet Cafe's. Anyway we've evolved a lot since then.

If you're asking, like I told before, I live in Dracula's country. You know it?

I sell mostly designs but I think I'll find out soon about my first t-shirt sale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Like a young king.

I was a freshman in high school in 1992 (15yrs old). My dad had some left over blanks from an order he placed for our family reunion one summer. they were just sitting in a box and by the time school started some of my friends needed blanks to rep the football team (they spray painted there name and number on the shirt). Lucky me the shirts were athletic grey.
I sold a box of 30 shirts for 5.00 bucks a pop. they flew from my locker in about 3 days. one of the most wonderful feelings as youngster. Also made my dad proud.:D That's what started it all for me. Good luck

tshirtking

·
Registered
13 Posts
I made my roommate buy one...does that count. He did have to order it off of the website with his credit card. My store has only been open one week though so I'm sure its only a matter of time. I feel good and I'm glad you are making sales. Congratulations.

Dr.Froth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's just matter of time and work... when I opened my online store in march I didn't sale any shirt, until I started to optimized my TEXT and website. Almost three months later I received my first order.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love being at work and get an email over the blackberry saying that payment has been recieved.

The first sale was kinda a drag because it turned out to be my Aunt. I kind of felt like a charity.

The best feeling selling my shirts was during South x Southwest at Flatstock. The months leading up to Flatstock, I was feeling like my shirts suck, and they are not any good, and then sold out of them at Flatstock. What a great feeling. To bad Flatstock is only twice a year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It was tonight and it felt pretty cool. I'm officially not even selling shirts yet but I've worn it around and a friend came up and said they'd like to buy a shirt.

He gave me the money and he'll get his shirt on Wednesday.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My first batch of shirts was sold a couple of months back, and it felt great. We've sold quite a few shirts after that now. It feels pretty good every time a shirt is sold. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts