T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Websites like www.snorgtees.com and www.bustedtees.com have a large selection of shirts to buy.

There designs are printed on all types of shirt colors (lights and darks). They have vintage looks and crisp looks.

Is that all done by screen printing? Or is it sublimation?

I wanna be able to make a shirt design that you would see on these websites. I have a design similar to these. I can not afford to risk making 100 of this shirt in different sizes in hopes to sell them. So I was hoping how I could do it by making it one at a time, while still getting that exact same quality that they have?

Any feedback would be great! Thanks in advance!

· Registered
737 Posts
It's difficult to tell from looking at the site what printing method they use. But, I think what you're more interested in is how can you print small quantities on demand, rather than produce and stock printed shirts.

If your design is full color, then DTG (direct to garment) printing could be the way to go. If the design is simple, and no more than 4 colors, then custom cut heat applied vinyl is an option.

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
Is that all done by screen printing?
Yes.

Or is it sublimation?
Definitely not. That would be needlessly expensive.

So I was hoping how I could do it by making it one at a time, while still getting that exact same quality that they have?
About the closest you'll get to that is plastisol transfers.

They're worth you looking into, but you could also afford to be a little more realistic. A lot of people expect to start small, yet have access to the same resources as a large company. It's naive to think you can achieve everything they can on a shoestring budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.