T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,595 Posts
They are probably getting them made as a private label program directly from an apparel manufacturing facility. Any manufacturer will offer these types of programs. You send them detailed info and specs of what you want and they produce the clothing with your labels on them.

· Registered
6,595 Posts
its the same as cutting out the tag & sewing urs in....That what i think
Not really.

When you cut the tags and sew yours in, you are using a garment that was designed by someone else using their specs.

But when you have your own garments custom made, you get to design it yourself with your own custom specs.

Big difference, in my opinion.

· Registered
3 Posts
What... you mean how are clothes made?

Usually it goes like this:

#1: Raw material production (eg, wool/cotton/plastic feedstock)
#2: Fiber processing into thread
#3: Weaving into fabric
#4: Pattern cutting
#5: Sewing

If you speak to a clothing factory, they will usually buy in rolls of fabric, although it's best to source your own. A clothing factory typically consists of a pattern cutting room, and a bunch of people with sewing machines. Hand sewing is of the highest and most expensive quality, and certain parts of a complex design may require hand work.

Ready-to-wear clothing is hard to design properly. Pattern cutting is a very difficult art, and there's a hell of a lot to know about how fabric falls and stretches. A good pattern cutter is a 3D artist and an anatomist, you have to understand how fabric works in many dimensions, how the human body is constructed, and how people vary in shape. Ready to wear is the designing of garments which will fit more than one person.

___

Sew-in tags are usually machine-woven in bulk. I don't really like them, they're scratchy. I'd much rather print or transfer the brand mark, or embroider directly onto the fabric.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.