T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the proper steps are when using an exposure calculator. I have one ready to use. I'm just having a hard time to get my screens to wash out easily and I believe either my bulb is going out or I have the timer set on the wrong setting. If anyone could lend a helping hand and tell me how to use one of these that would be awesome!

· Registered
2,942 Posts
That's good advice for a Stouffer calculator, which is by far the easiest (and cheapest) to use, but there are other calculators that work differently. I've got a Chromaline one I spent $30 on, but prefer the Stouffer.
Check with the sheet that came with your emulsion for some general guidelines on a time based on the light source you're using, then place the calculator emulsion side up on your glass and the screen on top. For testing purposes you don't have to cover the whole screen with emulsion . . . just a small section large enough to cover the calculator. The calculator should come with instructions on how to read the image after processing and what adjustments in time to make to narrow down the time to get closer to the ideal time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.