T-Shirt Forums banner

How do I turn a picture into a design drawing?

19K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Christian_Ts 
#1 ·
Hi, Can anyone recommend a software program or other method to change photo's into drawings? I'm trying to design fitness related T-shirts with pictures of people in different different exercises, but I'm no artist (and can't afford one). I want to take simple pictures of people doing things (like squats, bicep curls, etc) and turn them into drawings to submit for printing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
V

#2 ·
I think photoshop can do that. Make "sketches" or line drawings out of photos. If the standard photoshop doesn't do it, I'm 99.9% sure there is an add-on to the software that can make it happen.

If you're not highly skilled with graphics programs, you may want to try hiring someone to do this for you or ask your screen printer if their art department can convert the photos into line drawings for you.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi V!

How about Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Flash, or search for FREE GNU programs at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_program

[edit: no self promotion please :) ]

Also, do you need vector artwork? If so, you will need to convert any photos/bitmap images to vector format using Path tools or Trace tools of the image programs (like Illustrator, Flash, etc.)

Hope this helps!

vasana1 said:
Hi, Can anyone recommend a software program or other method to change photo's into drawings? I'm trying to design fitness related T-shirts with pictures of people in different different exercises, but I'm no artist (and can't afford one). I want to take simple pictures of people doing things (like squats, bicep curls, etc) and turn them into drawings to submit for printing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.