T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink? I am using a lighter color as the first ink layer and a top black ink layer is covering sections of the buttom. I get shadow immage wher the images overlap.

· Registered
2,013 Posts
How do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink? I am using a lighter color as the first ink layer and a top black ink layer is covering sections of the buttom. I get shadow immage wher the images overlap.
I assume you are printing 2 colours, right?

When you print off your positives onto a transparent film, if you put the 2 images on top of each other, do they overlap?

I think that you need to separate the artwork into spot channels, so that there is only ever only 1 ink colour printed in 1 area.

Try looking at this tutorial by @MentinkiZM

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphics-design-help/t55585.html

and see if it helps your problem. If it does......give him a "thanks" :)

Or are you trying to cover a colour with a black outline? If so, maybe print the black, then flash it and then print the black again to give it a solid print

EDIT: just saw you are waterbased - ignore me completely. Except for the bit about spot colour separation :)
Richie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.