T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
so this is my first post on this website. i thought id let everyone know that right off the back lmao. well i wanted to know how would i separate colors in a image like this.
click here to view full version

dont mind the heloe its not part of the design ..
well i would love feed back hopefully i posted this thread in the right spot. :p:D:D:D

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Re: so what do i do

This would be considered a pretty high end color separation. I would suggest separating as 7 colors (black, brown, red, gray, green and 2 flesh tones). Are you familiar with separating this kind of artwork using channels in photoshop? If not, you may want to hire a professional or see if the print shop you are using has designers on staff that can do it (they usually do). Or you can use the direct to garment print method, this way separations are not needed. Another option would be to use some automated separation software, but while they have gotten better over the years, it's still not as good as separating manually. So if you do want to learn to do it, look up some tutorials on YouTube. There should be plenty of good resources to help you learn the process. After that, it just takes practice, practice and more practice.

·
Registered
508 Posts

Everything Tim told you is absolutly true and factual.. One other option depending on the nubmber of units you hope to print and or sell.. If it is going to be up in the 2-300 either now or in the future you might consider having 4C process samples made.. They print on paper so you get great results and then applying them is just 10 seconds of heat.. I personally use Dowling Graphics in Clearwater Florida but any of the big transfer places do custom.. Go online and look at their catalogs and see the quality.. Art Brands, Wildside, Dowling, F&M lot of them out there that could handle this..
dlac

·
Registered
45 Posts

would it be possible to just separate this image in CMYK?
and if you can, how do you know it works if u dont want to actually print it?

i mean, how do you know the separation would work wo
actually printing with ink?

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts

If you own a digital flatbed textile printer,all that you need to do is print out the image directly on the T-shirt.As we konow,the digital flatbed textile printer can match the color automatically and can represent vivid results.You can also turn to someone who engage in the digital flabed printing service for help.The question is a liquid called Fixing agent should be added to ensure the color fastness after the cloth being printed.All in all,convinience is not always in proportion to cost.You can make a balance and find out the solution according to your current situation.

·
Registered
45 Posts

i cant seem to find a price for there. all the links i've googled gave me links to chinese manufacturers and have to email them. the ones that have prices seems to be in the $10,000 range? is that right?! crazy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The digital textile flatbed printer is so expensive that i give up the idea to buy one.I finally chose a printing factory and finished my orders charged at a resonable price and reliable quality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If this is going on a white shirt, CMYK should work fine. I, personally, think screen printing is the best way to go, but that's up to you and the client on what quality you are looking for.

If this is going on a colored garment, it will need to get a simulated process sep done. They can be pretty expensive, anywhere from $30-$100 a color. If you are going to a local shop, they may or may not be able to do this.. if it's a big enough order, I would request a press check on it. If you are close enough to them, I would go down there, once it's setup on press, and take a look at it before they run the entire order.

Get some price quotes; you turning in the seps to the printer, or if they do the seps. Here is a link to some of my work.. pm me if you would like a quote:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-printing/t123158.html

Thanks and good luck!
Anthony.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Simulated process will be best for your design. In this process, colors will be define accordingly as per pantone mix and all prints results are maintainable. The more colors you define the better the image detail will be printed.

CMYK will do but maintaining perfect detailed output will only be 75% or maybe less. IN CMYK Process, sometimes you cannot get vibrant colors with CMYK, red not red but orange, skin tones are not that perfect either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the advice. well my dad owns his own graphic arts shop but i never like to ask him for anything. what about sublimation ? what you think about that..

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is your order quantity?I can reccomend a printing factory to you.They will quote you at reasonable price with ideal effect.I have benefited from that company 1 month ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts