T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilke I would have a website, I would prefer to do the bulk of my selling in retail.

Do I got to a distributor or do I go store by store or do I try a big chain like Target or Macys?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Personally, I would go to the mom and pop, or very small chain stores first. Get a feel for it, and start from there. Little specialty shop or tourist shops. I think your designs and shirts would get lost is a sea of blah blah blah in a large retail store. Plus, I can't tell you how many screen printed t-shirts there are for $5 on a bargain rack at large stores. There is no market value there. IMO

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
A good way to reach a lot of retailers is to go to tradeshows and setup a booth for your product line.

Tradeshows are where the major buyers go to look for new products to put into their stores.

I think it's still a good idea for you to have a website to be a brochure (or sales tool) for you when people want to find out about your brand on their own time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry for not clarifying my question:eek:

What is the best way to sell online and through retail chains?
I usually provide physical retailers a way to go online to pick products or fashions from our new or popular lines of goods. That way I do not have to answer so many phone calls a day. What would be the best way to display my products?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Cameo, please start a separate topic for your question so that it won't be confused with the answers to the original poster's question :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I find small specialty stores (hippie stores, skate shops etc) are receptive to small 'brands' of clothing and usually will stock an item with little hassle. I'm not sure what you sell but they are more likely to give you a try..
Margins will be better as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts