T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions on printing this. it will be 200 pcs, and i want to screen print them. i know a dtg would work, but i really want to screen print it.

what mesh should i use

not to sure how to make halftones, but im sure im going to have to on this. any info on this would be great

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I've always wanted one of these on a T-shirt...

Black ink on a white shirt?
To hold the detail, you will need a higher mesh screen (230+)
Photoshop will give you a few options when you convert a grayscale to bitmap. If you choose dither, start with a 100 dpi file to make a 100 line screen dither.
If you choose halftone, start with an 80 line screen at 61 degrees.

Save each file as a .tiff file and place in Illustrator. Then add the text. This will keep the graphic edges sharp.

Plan on burning a few screens to test out the results since this is your first time.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they will be on white shirts, printed about 13" across by whatever it scales by tall. i will also be printing some black sweatshirts with a white underbase.

looks like i will have my work cutout for me:eek:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys, i will be printing it next week. Im sure ill have more qustions then

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok its official i have no clue what to do. is there anyway to do this in coreldraw x3. i do have photoshop and illy but im not very good with them. i also have fastrip for my film output. anybody have a good way to make it work, or can anyone give me a step by step in photoshop.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts