T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Long story short, an old friend of the family is giving me his print shop. Awsome right!... well, the catch is.. i have to go to Kansas and bring it back to San Diego California. My main concern is how to Palletize the big items such as.. the 6c/4s Rototex, the exposure unit. washout station.

Do I Shrink wrap everything to a pallet? Or, build a crate? What would be the best technique on moving these item half way across the country? Please Advise?:confused:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Rent a Uhaul truck, strap them down on a pallet, and tape foam all around the equipment. Also figure out a way to keep it from moving around while your driving by putting extra boxes or something between the equipment.

This is the way we did it when me and my parents brought a CNC Machine and Lathes from Arizona.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will call uhaul in the morining to see how much it would cost for a one way rental from kansas to San Diego. I was thinking i should maybe somehow (after i crate, or pallatize) get it to a frieght forward company and save the hassel of driving for three days and missing work. but i am still not to sure on what i'm going to do. ????

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yes you can probably do that and like you said it probably is cheaper. The reason we went with uhaul was because were just 5 hours away from arizona. But yes definitely get prices.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought out another t-shirt shop and just took my 18foot trailer and loaded it up and my buddy hauled it with his Dodge Hemi pickup. We tarped the whole thing and it traveled beautifully. Just make sure to REALLY strap it well. We took our time and had no trouble at all. If you shrink wrap it up it should work even better than a tarp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts