T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,941 Posts
I want to print off a color chart, how do i open it into my corel document?
In Corel, go to "window" then select "color palettes" and then go down the list and select the palette you want to use. It will appear on your far right screen and you can drag it from the top of that palette, where you'll see three pale horizontal dots and your mouse will change to a 4way arrow.....just grab and drag to where you want it.

· Registered
1,295 Posts
I don't believe either of the last two suggestions will give you a printable palette which is what was asked, unless they changed some of the palette settings in X4-X6.

The method I listed dumps all the colors of a palette into a document so you can then just send it to print, but requires X3 non student/home to work since it uses a Corel built in VBA macro, unsure about newer versions as I haven't played around with its macros.

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Looks like I have a similar issue on my computer with X6 (I rarely use it since all my other computers use X3 in my shop, unless I really need to use its tracing or new features). I guess VBA didn't correctly install as all the Macro options were all greyed out, might've been a problem with the initial release.

To fix it I upgraded to the most recent version (I believe x6.4). This brought the menu items back, but gave the error that VBA was not installed. I then went into Add/Remove Programs in Windows and told it to Uninstall/Change Coreldraw6. This brought up the installer and I chose Modify, went to Features, make sure Utilities is checked, and there's also a dropdown for Utilities that has VBA and some other stuff, make sure they're all checked. Hit next a couple of times and it should reconfigure Corel and the VBA macros will now be accessible.

The new menu is Tools->Macros->Run Macros, select all macros and you should have the createcolorswatch macro back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.