T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of ideas for shirts, but the problem is that they are only ideas. I know that if I knew how to finalize them I could begin making shirts. I don't know how to draw at all and I don't have any computer programs to make t-shirt designs. I want them created so that they are still mine, but I have no idea how to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Contact graphic designers, explain your ideas and see what they can come up with or have a look at vectorstock/istock or similar to get ideas. You could also have a look at 99designs and post a competition for your design,just explain as best you can and tell them what you want or don't want.

The other option is get a cheap vector design program and learn to use it.

Lee

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ah yes young grasshoppa’ . You should learn to walk before you run if you don’t want to use a walker… I would suggest you learn some design software. It will open up lots of doors for you. Jump in and learn Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. These take time to master but worth your while if you want to be independent like the squirrel!:D

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
do as nick suggests....go to [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd02Q-54wuQ[/media] to see a very simple explanation of inkscape...also you will see a lot of tutorials for inkscape...Learn them and you will be miles ahead of those who do not try to learn bu rely on answers from some of us who may not know as much as we think.....one you get good with inkscape....do the same with Gimp...a photoshop wannabe..also free

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you already know what you want it may be easier to work with a graphic designer to get your ideas on a shirt. I have been a professional working graphic designer for over 10 years and I am still learning.

Cheap simple software is often frustratingly limited and even the simplest programs can still be difficult for someone with no experience.

If you have clear concepts a professional can probably get them ready for printing in a matter of hours or a few days depending on how intricate your design is. Learning software yourself can take months after which you still don't know anything about creating art, you just know how to run rudimentary software.

Steve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts