T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some paper from E bay they said it was jet pro softstretch , it does not say that on the paper it has red gridelines on the back .
It leaves a shinning looking image around the transfer . Did I get taken and this is bad paper ? Or am I doing some thing wrong
I'm using the same process that I did with avery paper 390deg at 15 sec peel hot
Thanks for your help
Larry

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm not in the shop right now, but I don't think the JPSS I have has a red grid, I am thinking blue. However, we use 375 for 30 seconds, heavy pressure, peel hot. We trim it before applying but residue around it is light. Immediately after we take it out of the press and peel it, we stretch it. We then put a piece of parchment paper on it and press it again. (also, you need to press it before you start to remove any moisture in the shirt)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
The JPSS I use comes from Coastal, has blue lines on the back, and says jet-pro soft stretch. The instruction sheet says press for 20-30 seconds at 350-375 degrees, peel hot.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Best to deal with reputable companies when buying paper. Seems to be a lot of folks out there misrepresenting what their selling when it comes to a lot of things these days, I guess it's the economy. I get my paper from Coastal also and it is in fact blue and does have the name on it. Considering you don't know what it is that your using, you can't reasonably predict your results. I'd try and get my money back if I were you.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys money back is no big deal I only bought 12 sheets and paid $5
I was only asking if these were the real deal .
I tried the repress and that helps . With the avery paper it did not need repress . I think I will try some from Coastal next time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts