T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
If you're speaking of the print in the tag area of the shirt, that just a custom art design using a specific font, and the art was setup to look like it was hand written on the shirt. Don't know the specific font names, but could be created w/ any art program, such as Corel.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Iam talking about the whole tank top design like designing all the colors on the tank top not just the tag.A screen printer does not do this right? Thanks

CF
Your question is quite clear but if you are talking about the stripes and base lavender color that is done before the tank is cut or sewn. The cloth the tank parts are cut out of is colored that way.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Yes. That is what Jobe and I are saying. The cloth is dyed lavender or whatever color that is then the stripes are printed on. The cloth is rolled by God only knows how many feet onto a roll and it is sent to the factory for cutting and sewing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok sorry I got you. So say I get a black blank tank top and wonted different color stripes like dark purple and red say on it. Who would I contract to print the stripes on the black tank and how would I put my design for them on paper to do?Thanks again
CF

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
So say I get a black blank tank top and wonted different color stripes like dark purple and red say on it. Who would I contract to print the stripes on the black tank and how would I put my design for them on paper to do?Thanks again
CF
You would contact a screen print shop. To print purple and red on a black garment, you will need the shop to use discharge inks. Not all shops use these inks, but it's far more common now than it used to be. Putting stripes on a tank is hardly a "design." So you should talk to the print shop and let them set up the art for you. It will be easier that way.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hello, I have been screen printing on t-shirts and wont to maybe get into tank tops something like this.

Mens Tank Top Peace Generation Size Medium | eBay

How and where do I go about to get my ink designs like this site above on my tank top blanks. Is it very expensive to do thanks alot for any help!
CF
if you have been screen printing on tshirts, the same principle apply to tank tops.

so you know how to print but you need help designing?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool, would this be cheaper then doing a t-shirts with a few colors. Also, is there software with colors to make my line design colors for the tanks to bring to the screen printer to print or how do I go about and bringing this to print at a screen printer. Thanks again and for your time.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
This same post is in another part of the forum by the OP. I have to wonder if these are his tanks and he wants people to see them daily. After viewing the ebay link I have it popping up in a sidebar on my Facebook. Fortunately I was able to restrict that ugly tank top and not view it anymore.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i posted in alot locations because I was not getting any answers and did not know exactly what forum it really should in,design or general.Because I was getting no hits.Why would I try to sell or promote my brand in a t-short forum site,stupid.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
you have to be more specific.

first you said in your original post that you print silkscreen. then you ask how do i print silkscreen.

do you understand how that could make people question what is going on?

i mean do you or do you not print tshirts? if so, fine. then you know what we are talking about. if not, let us know.

no one can help a person with vague speculation.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Rolls of fabric are dyed. The fabric is then cut and sewn into the tank top. Separate fabric is used for the solid color trim. There is no print decoration of any kind. To do this, you should talk to a garment supplier about a private label program where they will manufacture the shirts from scratch based on your specifications.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Depends on your definition of expensive. You have to buy shirts to sell them. So you're going to spend money either way.

The price per shirt will depend on what volume you are looking for. A private label cut and sew program will probably require a minimum of 1200+. So the cost per shirt should be pretty good. But the overall investment could be significant if you include shipping costs from overseas. You can look into domestic production, but that will be more expensive per shirt even without the shipping costs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.