T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I do not have access to Illustrator or Corel Draw, etc. All I have is Macromedia Fireworks MX.

If I have an image
like this:

and try to upload it to a fulfillment site, it will be too small. If I try to enlarge it, it will be too fuzzy and/or pixelated.

Is there an easy way to modify/convert/fix it so it can be printed on a t-shirt?

Currently, it is 500 pixels wide by 418 pixels high (6.944" X 5.806") with a resolution of 72 pixels/inch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: How do I...?

Unfortunately this is no easy fix for images like these. The only thing that may work for you since you'll be using a fulfillment service which uses transfer paper is to simply increases the resolution from 72 dpi to 300dpi.

The only thing this will do however, is give you the leeway to increase the size of the graphic a bit. It will still be pixelated no matter what you do.

The best solution is to obtain the original artwork (@ 300 dpi), or to vectorize it.

You can always downsize and image, but you can never upsize it without distortion.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Re: How do I...?

I sent you a message. I made the image larger for you. Just send me your email so I can send it to you. I increased the size with no problem. See if what I have works for you. Lou

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure if you got help or if lous image was what you wanted but this image looks fairly easy maybe some one you know can either draw it out and scan it yourself and color it in with paint or photshop if you got that. But this would be realllly easy with illustrator.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm trying to work out what the message means. It can be read in many ways, of which many are diametrically politically opposed.

So you could be sending out mixed messages!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I were going to use the image more than once, or more than one time, I'd have it vector-ized.

I've used ArtworkSource (http://www.artworksource.com) for over a year now, and they do some amazing stuff. (I've even sent them a logo scanned from a customer's last printed t-shirt, and they were able to turn into a perfect Corel CDR file.)

In addition to the quality of their work, their turn-around is usually 24 hrs or less, and the price is only $15.

Wish I got a kick-back for marketing these guys, but... they're good; I use them; they might be able to help you out.

Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
BodhiGear said:
I do not have access to Illustrator or Corel Draw, etc. All I have is Macromedia Fireworks MX.

If I have an image
like this:

and try to upload it to a fulfillment site, it will be too small. If I try to enlarge it, it will be too fuzzy and/or pixelated.

Is there an easy way to modify/convert/fix it so it can be printed on a t-shirt?

Currently, it is 500 pixels wide by 418 pixels high (6.944" X 5.806") with a resolution of 72 pixels/inch.

Thanks!
Unfortunately you can't increased the resolution. You may have to consider getting an illustrator to redraw the image for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts