T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get wholesale prices w/o a Tax I.D. I am just starting my own t-shirt line and would love to get a v-neck shirt from Royal Apparel but a Tax I.D seems a little beyond me. I just want to get a few shirts printed to wear and give to my friend to help promote and then make more. Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks,

C.D

· Registered
32 Posts
first you need to get a business liscense once you have that apply for a resellers permit through the department of revenue after you recieve that usually 2 weeks youll be able to apply for wholesale apparel sites sanmar americanasportswear royalapparel places like those if u need a federal tax id number thats done through department of revenue as well, if i recall

· Registered
6,595 Posts
The point of wholesale pricing is that you intend to resell the shirts you buy. A Tax ID number is one of the requirements to prove you are a legit business and are eligible to make wholesale purchases. Royal Apparel is a pretty reputable company, so they will probably require you to have the proper info to get wholesale prices and make wholesale purchases. Since you are trying to circumvent this issue, you need to purchase from a distributor that does not require a Tax ID number. Check out this thread for a list of those companies: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/wholesale-t-shirts/t37991.html

And for what it's worth, a Tax ID number shouldn't be beyond you. If you intend to run a business, you should legally register and get the necessary licenses and permits. Most of it can be done online and doesn't take long at all. In the long run, it will prove to be beneficial.

· Registered
32 Posts
i agree with you kimmura if your looking to fill a quick order and dont have the info available buy from one of the sites listed above if you have the months time app for your business liscense usually take 1-2 weeks to recieve in mail then apply for you resellers permit which will allow you to purchase from the sites i listed. it is free to apply for one and usually takes 2-3 weeks for you to recieve one and then the feder ein number is free and is done on website and given right then and there but you need the feder ein to open a business account.

· Registered
1,884 Posts
i agree with you kimmura if your looking to fill a quick order and dont have the info available buy from one of the sites listed above if you have the months time app for your business liscense usually take 1-2 weeks to recieve in mail then apply for you resellers permit which will allow you to purchase from the sites i listed. it is free to apply for one and usually takes 2-3 weeks for you to recieve one and then the feder ein number is free and is done on website and given right then and there but you need the feder ein to open a business account.
If you only need a few, then go to Wally-World.

· Registered
104 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but....

If you find a company that will sell to you wholesale without a tax ID, please let us know who it is... I would be happy to not do business with them.
I've caught a local shirt distributor (a pretty big one) selling direct to customers several times over the last few years, they have the nerve to ask me why my business has tapered off...

· Registered
26 Posts
Cameron, the best thing you can do right now would be to have reg tees from wally world, target has the verona brand, have them print with you designs, and if the response you get is favorable, then invest in all the licenses that are required, tell your potential customers that you will be using higher quality shirts,(if that is what American Apparel are, I've never purchase from them yet). So advertize first and go from there.
I'm sure by now you know what you need to buy wholesale from the vendors you've been advise.
Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.