T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm making separated spot color layers in GIMP for screen printing different colors. As u can see in the picture, I've separated the layers, brought them back together to align them and there is a white outline all around everything in the separate layer. How do I get that white line to go away? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Re: People who know GIMP!!! Help please

sorry i haven't used Gimp in a couple years and can't install it on this work station.

Is the white line a highlight in the program indicating the objects on that layer. Or is it actually a gap between your colors. If it's a gap i'm thinking.. Did you use a selection tool to create your layers? it's possible you didn't capture all of that color, your image has antialiasing possibly.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: People who know GIMP!!! Help please

It's a gap cuz I dumped color into the places that I wanted to put into a separate layer. Then I did shift+O for select by color and selected the second color, copied and pasted it as a new layer, went back and made everything black and then made the original visible again to see the alignment. And there's a gap. I heard something about a "stroke" tool or whatever for this problem but that was for Photoshop. Ugh!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hey, I'm making separated spot color layers in GIMP for screen printing different colors. As u can see in the picture, I've separated the layers, brought them back together to align them and there is a white outline all around everything in the separate layer. How do I get that white line to go away? Thanks.

Try under "colors", "color to alpha", "bucket fill", choose color needed & click on white outlines. Not sure, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally figured it out. Make the color separated layers then go to each layer, have everything selected, edit, stroke selection and make it one mm bigger! yay!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts