T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7,118 Posts
To give you good advice, it would help to have more information about your brand and products.

What kind of shirts are you selling?
How long have you been selling them?
Where do you sell them now?
What is your wholesale and retail price point?
What is your target market?
Do you have a line sheet and product samples to show retail buyers and store owners?

How do I get them to buy?
Make an appointment with a retail buyer or store owner. Show them you products and be prepared to discuss what profit margins you can offer the retailer. You can't really "get them to buy." You can only make your sales pitch and let them make a decision.

How much should I get them to pay?
Typically, you would double your production cost to get your wholesale price. The retailer will then double the wholesale price to get their retail price. So run the numbers and see if they are competitive within the current marketplace. Every business is different. So you need to understand what margins you need to keep your business sustainable when selling at wholesale.

What stores?
Start local and work from there. Try to find stores that have customers that match the target market of your brand and designs.

· Registered
8,807 Posts
Tim gave very good advice...but I have a couple questions
Why should they buy from you...what do you offer that they don't have
Are you capable of volume printing...not 10 or 20 but 100s
Do you have a portfolio...do you have samples to show?
And to me...most important...do you have a store front or back bedroom operation...

And if you can't put shirts in the store for under $5 you may not get far...Just today I noted Walgreens of all places has printed shirts..3 for $12

· Registered
142 Posts
Very good advice from the last 2 posters. Don't forget the retailer will be looking for wholesale prices so don't expect to sell them your tees for 15 dollars a piece. Probably more close to the 10 range, but that depends on what printing method you use and how you control your printing costs. inevitably they want to make money on this too.

· Registered
217 Posts
Tim gave very good advice...but I have a couple questions
Why should they buy from you...what do you offer that they don't have
Are you capable of volume printing...not 10 or 20 but 100s
Do you have a portfolio...do you have samples to show?
And to me...most important...do you have a store front or back bedroom operation...

And if you can't put shirts in the store for under $5 you may not get far...Just today I noted Walgreens of all places has printed shirts..3 for $12
His shirts may be much better quality than what walgreen sells.

· Registered
1,743 Posts
you can also go to wally world and get an affliction style all-over printed shirt for $10. gee, i wonder what the quality is like.... :)

would the OP be best served having a catalogue (look book), too? does the OP supply contracts or the store, and what kind of contracts are they? are they standard boilerplate, or should he have an attorney write one up beforehand?

should he deliver the shirts through UPS or whomever or is it hand delivery them?

how is payment best arranged? does he get paid in advance or when the shirt sells? is he obliged to buy-back the unsold shirts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.