T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I need to print some shirts on white that has a lot of yellow in the design.

I printed the first one and it looks more like greenish yellow than just normal yellow.

I tried adjusting in photoshop and everything tells me it's yellow, but it's not printing yellow.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm... It looks the same...

I don't know how to describe it, but it looks like as the printhead is passing by, it puts down a nice layer of yellow. But as it finishes passing by, it puts down a little bit of cyan to make it look slight greenish.

I've tried lowering the green in curves, but that doesn't seem to help.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Attached is the file customer brought. The yellow needs to yellow, but the customer complained that it looked green.

What do you think Jung? Does the color look correct on your monitor?

It looks yellow to me. And in photoshop, the c% is 0.

Maybe spraying 50/50 or poly treatment might help with the color, but she wanted to get cheapest printing possible and didn't pay for the treatment.

What should I try next?

Attachments

· Registered
1,995 Posts
The issue most likely lies in the color management portion o your software. Since the image you have is being processed via a rip software, it will tend to add a secondary color to the yellow as it sees that color as out of gamut. Look in the software (I am not familiar with your rip) and see if it has an option to preserve primary colors. This will maintain yellow as a primary and not add any other colors.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys... I'm still having a little trouble printing nice yellow on my shirts.

Glupo sent me a color chart (Thanks!), but I just downloaded from the web a version that worked for me better.

I printed a white shirt and black shirt and I still can't seem to print yellow correctly. Shouldn't color code "ffff00" be yellow? When I print that color it comes out more like lime green.

Attached is the file that I used to print and two pictures of the lime green that should be yellow.

My monitor is calibrated using Eye-One.

I used the standard 4880 White mode setting at 100 choke, 100 under, 100 high, 100 color with no color boost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

· Registered
2,628 Posts
has there been any update to this? i have an image with regular RGB yellow (R:255 G:255 B:0), and it has a greenish tint. i, too, haven't noticed this in a full-color design, but using this "spot" color it's off. EK Print Studio (AnaJet) prints pure yellow with no greenish tint. any ideas?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.