T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need help from anyone who has officially had his or her logo copy written. I see a lot of websites advertising that that can copyright your logo, but I don’t know which ones are legit. Also I am living in Canada and all the websites I come across always specify their copyright protection is " Under U.S. law"
Will this be valid in Canada if I buy into it?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out :eek:)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Re: How Do I Copyright My Logo?

Yup sorry to say that the old "poor man's" copyright is indeed false. But if you read some of the link I posted, you will see that you may indeed use the TM without registaring. Its only the circleR (sorry I dont know the keystrokes to do stuff like that) That requires having a certified registration.

·
Registered
203 Posts

If your logo is an artwork you can copyright it. E.g. An owl sitting in a rocking chair smoking a joint while reading penthouse. Check the official copyright website. All the information you need is there. You can download the forms. You just have to read.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

hammered said:
I believe copyrighting is reserved for written works, but I could be wrong about that.
It covers other original creations too - a painting or an audio recording for example (not to mention sculpture, performance, and anything else expressive you care to come up with or invent).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thank all of you sooooo much for the great info. Especially that link to the Canadian Copyright site Rodney your a lifesaver. I was just getting ready to fill out the American registration forms.
thanks again :eek:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've gotten this question quite a few times in the past from eager t-shirt start-ups.. I've always told them to worry about it once they start making some serious cash.. It's good to be hopeful that your company is going to be successful, but for the cash of getting a trademark, it can be better spent helping your business survive the first 5 years..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts