T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,​

I am trying to change the background on my bigcartel site and I have questions.​

1. Does the code need to link to a url in order to work?​

2. If so can anyone recommend sites for backgrounds that are easy to work with and free?​

3. Is there an alternative to linking to an actual site for the background?​

I have cut and pasted the code below that I entered by following the instructions on the bigcartel help area. It doesn't seem to change anything after I save it.:confused: Maybe I am not using a good link for this.​

Thanks for your help.​

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the code set in the page? Is it in .css? Either way you could probably change

body {
background-image: url (http://www.freebackgrounds.com/background_312.htm);
}​

to​

body {
body bgcolor="000000"
}​

that would set it to black, you can change the 6 digit code to anything you want to get pretty much any color you want.​
I'm not sure if it is in .css or not. I do see the code that you are referring to but there is another area at the end of the coding for all fields that says "Custom Styles - add an override styles below". That is where I placed the link that I cut and pasted in my first post.

I am actually trying to add some type of background design that covers the whole page.

I hope I am making sense.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.