T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a company that would be able to do bulk on demand? say a min of 25 , 35. with preapproved graphics and be able to quote a price for that many shirts for so and so design on white or black shirts. I don't want to spend a fortune having the shirts printed up and stocked, I would rather have them printed as ordered. Also would they be able to work with raster images.
Jock

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Re: looking for help

mtn910 said:
Is there a company that would be able to do bulk on demand? say a min of 25 , 35. with preapproved graphics and be able to quote a price for that many shirts for so and so design on white or black shirts. I don't want to spend a fortune having the shirts printed up and stocked, I would rather have them printed as ordered. Also would they be able to work with raster images.
Jock

Hi Jock, those are about the minimum order ranges of PrintMojo.com (25-35 per design).

I'm not sure what you mean by "bulk on demand" though. You would still need to pre-order the shirts so they can be in stock when your customers order from you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

maybe i asked the question wrong. You'll have to excuse me, I always have a real tough time getting questions to come out right so i usually just prowel through the forums looking for someone who has already asked the question.
What i am trying to get here is the abilaty to have a customer purchase my designs on t shirts in bulk quantities only. I don't want to stock them.
take cafepress for example. They print to order, there is nothing stocked there. The image is there, on file, and when someone orders, they print it. Sure there is a lot more involved with the set up for screen print, but why can't i have an image already set on file, already quoted and priced, ready to print for a bulk order by dealers who want to sell them in thier own shops. I've been approched for this several times. We all know, the cafepress and zaz sublamite shirts are way to expensive for this venture. And tell the customer you'll sell them just the design and have them print it at thier local print shop is far a bigger mistake. defenate turn off. If your going to sell a design it needs to include the shirts. In my search to get this done I've found, more often than I imagined, so called print shops who will take the design and send it off to have printed on a transfer and sent back to them where they press them on the shirts and sell to the customer. What the heck is that!
Think i've checked out print mojo. you send them the design at the time you need it printed, they say ya or nay, and then they quote and print.
I need yay or nay and quote now, then print later. Kind of like what spreadshirt or 99 dogs do. spreadshirts are to pricy i thought and 99dogs are to slow for anything. but they are the type of set up i am looking for.
tried circle r also and got no response. I've tried other companies out of state with out any kind of electronic way to get an image or email and the problem with that is i don't want to drive down there everytime i need to see about getting a design ordered.

anyway, it's taken me two hours to get this far here, so i hope i have explained what i am wanting to do enough for you to understand what i am trying to ask. I realy do appreciate you help and ideas here. maybe i am going all about this wrong?

Jock

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

mtn910 said:
In my search to get this done I've found, more often than I imagined, so called print shops who will take the design and send it off to have printed on a transfer and sent back to them where they press them on the shirts and sell to the customer. What the heck is that!
The first part of a heat transfer process. Either printed on normal transfer paper or screen printed on plastisol transfers... this way you can stock the transfers and then print them on the shirt colors/sizes as needed. Probably not what you're looking for, but you can get someone with the equipment (in this case, quality transfer paper, ink, and printer) to print them for you (I could do this, though I imagine someone with a bulk ink system could do it cheaper).

I think your best option might be to work out something with a local printer though. There should be dozens in your area... get some quotes and figure out which will work best for you. You can have them set up the screens ahead of time ($15-$25) and then tell them to print away when you get an order. Try to find one that can do different shirt colors/sizes (same design/ink color) in the same batch, if possible (assuming you would want this).

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

mtn910 said:
If your going to sell a design it needs to include the shirts. In my search to get this done I've found, more often than I imagined, so called print shops who will take the design and send it off to have printed on a transfer and sent back to them where they press them on the shirts and sell to the customer. What the heck is that!
Maybe it would help if you think about this in a different way. What you are asking about already exists. When you work with a screen printer, they print your bulk order on demand. You can get quotes from them on specific designs in specific quantities and keep those on file.

What you can do is find a local screen printer in your area, show them the design you want a quote for and let them know the quantities you may need and they'll give you a quote.

Then when a store asks you how much 25 shirts with that particular design is, you just take the quote you got from the screen printer and add your profit on top of that and tell the store how much it costs.

So, for example:

You contact a screen printer and show them a design you need printed.

The screen printer quotes you $7 per shirt with the design printed on it for 25 shirts.

When a store contacts you and asks you how much it costs for 25 shirts wholesale with that design, you tell them it costs $9 per shirt (your price from the screen printer is just $7 so you would be making $2 per shirt in this fictional example).

The store says, cool, I'll take 25 (10 XL and 15 Large).

You say "cool, that'll be 25 x $9 plus shipping and I'll get the shirts printed and shipped to you in 2 weeks".

The store pays you, you pay the screen printer.

The screen printer prints the order and ships it either to you or directly to the store. You keep the profit of $2 per shirt, and viola, you've just made a wholesale purchase.​

It can be as easy as that :)

Think i've checked out print mojo. you send them the design at the time you need it printed, they say ya or nay, and then they quote and print.
I need yay or nay and quote now, then print later.
You can get instant quotes at PrintMojo just by logging in and clicking on the "Get a Quote" link.

We have merchants that are doing this exact thing. They have a shop with designs in it and they also sell to retail stores wholesale.

They give the retail store a coupon that gives them wholesale pricing through their PrintMojo store and the retail store just purchases right from the online store and we ship it directly to the store and the PrintMojo merchant keeps the profit.

In this case, the PrintMojo merchant has already pre-purchased the shirts and they are printed and ready to go because they are also doing their own online retail sales.

So if you don't want to do any online retail sales of the screen printed merchandise, you would just go direct to the screen printer using the example I explained above.

tried circle r also and got no response.
Are you sure that emails didn't get filtered? We answer every quote and also have a toll free number for getting instant quotes. If you didn't receive an email back, most likely there was some technical problem and I encourage you to request a quote again if you're still interested. We do what you're asking about almost every day.

I've tried other companies out of state with out any kind of electronic way to get an image or email and the problem with that is i don't want to drive down there everytime i need to see about getting a design ordered.
If you prefer doing things via email and electronically, then there are any number of online screen printers that accept files digitally. Maybe even some of your local screen printers are setup to accept files that way.

anyway, it's taken me two hours to get this far here, so i hope i have explained what i am wanting to do enough for you to understand what i am trying to ask. I realy do appreciate you help and ideas here. maybe i am going all about this wrong?
I think it could be just a matter of communication as you mentioned in your post.

You may be explaining something in your own terms that the companies that you've been communicating with aren't understanding clearly.

What you just described here is the everyday business of any screen printer across the country. They give quotes on bulk orders (25 pieces or more of the same design) and they print them at the time they are ordered and ship them to where ever you want them shipped.

As you get each design printed, most screen printers will keep that design on file.

If you need specific quotes for specific quantities for specific designs, then you would just need to be very clear on which exact designs you need quotes on and in what quantities.

Once you have the quotes, you can just keep those on file and the next time a store or business asks you your wholesale pricing, you just refer back to your quote and add your own markup so you can make a profit.

The process can be as easy as the example I mentioned above.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: How do I buy my designs wholesale on demand so I can sell to retail stores when I

ok, thanks all.
Im a little slow, but i'm getting it.

Thanks again.
Jock

·
Registered
98 Posts
25 is a low minimum> I would belive that more shops have high minimums like 36. We screen print and ours is 36. 144 a nice size though. What they would do is if you wanted to do that on demand printing. They would burn your design in the screens and leave them burned and just clean them from the ink. It would be cheaper that way. Maybe you could pay them for screen storage our buy the screen. See if doing it that way would be cheaper instead of that setup charge everytime. To really save money i would order bulk.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Most places I see have a minimum of 12 (some even do less but charge extra for a low number fee that makes it not worth it at all), with further price breaks at somewhere around 36, 72, and 144.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been out of the game for a long time, but back in the 90's I specialized in 3 dozen or less, Seeing that I could not compeat with the big boys, I went to all the locale big shops and gave them my card.
I offard them 10% for a referral fee Not a lot of money but for work they were turning away, it was better then just letting the business walk away, I was not makeing a killing but I was making a living and go my name know, and it keep my press running everyday, and the customer knows they are going to pay more for low numbers.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
welcome back Michael...good info...but did you notice this thread is over 3 1/2 years old?
Even old threads can have new information added to them :)

There are probably a lot of people that haven't read the information, so it can sometimes be helpful when new information is added to bring it back to life :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts