T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My site went live some time ago. I am located in Europe, so my prices are in Euro's. But the whole world is my potential market.

I was wondering, could this be a put-off for Americans and other people that are used to prices in dollars ?

If so, I could consider an opening page where one can choose 'World' and 'Europe' to enter. Meaning two sites, identical except for the prices/currencies.

The setup of my site [my shopping cart] does not allow the client a choice of his preferred currency on-site - it has to be programmed in the cart itself.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi MaxD,
Nice looking site.

I think it would definitly help to have a site with dollars, or whatever currency is used in your target markets. I think when it comes to buying t-shirts, a lot of time it is an impulse decision (especially when surfing around the web). When I see Euro's, not only does the currency and how to pay for it/conversion rate, etc come to mind as a concern, I also wonder about shipping time and all the other concerns about ordering something from across the pond. I would most likely pass because of those concerns without looking much into it. I think just simply having things in Dollars might not make me wonder about the other concerns.

Good luck!
Nick

·
Registered
169 Posts
There's a few different platforms that can create separate, country specific, sites for you. I know magento does has that option. Pay Pal could handle your conversions for you.

As for it being a turn off... As for me, an american, I'll probably buy from America, solely because I'll get it sooner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think that would help as well, but people from the US (or outside of the UK), might be put off by the high shipping charges. how much do you charge for shipping?
For international shipping I charge a flat fee of $ 8 for shipping. That means, basically, that if you buy more than one shirt, the extra shirts are shipped for free.

I already changed my site so now the opeining page gives a choice between EU [euro's] and the rest of the world [dollars].

1 - 6 of 6 Posts