T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I found this shirt on ebay and I am wondering how he did it.
He said its a new material but I never seen it before.
It looks like it could be screen printed and then he threw some glitter into the paint... Or do you guys think its something like the stahls.com letters???

What do you guys think?? Heres the url.....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/officialclothin/DSC02263.jpg

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't like it whatever it is. But it does look like a decal type material cut out with a plotter. Guessing. I did know one guy who made t-shirts that way.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Could very well be a foil screen print

I understand the method involves screenprinting a type of adhesive, then foiling over it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
... well it would be nice if we could feel it hey fellas/gals ???

I say rule out deco materials like vinyls etc... since you can not get the distorted finish (well you can to some extent but in this case not likely).

If it is a mass produced item, i think if you make the artwork as the image sample a screen printer or iron on transfer can do this with some type of glitter or metallic finish via 1 color % grading etc.....

If it is a one of a kind item, PLUG :) i have done lots of these for TV etc.... you lay down glitter or metallic inks etc. by hand on the transfer paper, blow some heat on it to and dry it up, draw/trace/cut the artwork (not distorted) out of the transfer backside, you then use sand paper or whatever from around the shop to give it the distorted look and that's it. Mind you that this is freestyle stuff using ink transfer sheets.

You can also make a stencil and use an airbrush and spray it uneven to give it that distorted look. But then again, if we could feel it ......

·
Registered
23 Posts
jdr8271 you have it right, it's a specialty material that you cut the image using a plotter, peel and heat apply. I don't see any distortion, just reflection from the camera flash. It's really easy and fast to use. :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Although you can achieve a similar look with decosparkle, megatallic, glitter or any similar type of cadcut material, I think this must be screen printed. I haven't seen a US based cadcut glitter product that looks like this one as far as colors go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cadcut...
this abounds in the UK, found mostly on a certain section of club-stepping female with a prediliction to 'shimmer' in the dark

yeuchh :mad:

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can get that look with screen printing.
Solid color print with clear H D gel with metallic flakes added
This CAD design can definitely be reproduced using other methods, with a bit of ingenuity.

All the Best,
Jim

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's cad-cut and heatpressed, check out imprintables for a big selection of this type stuff. Although the private brand label in the shirt makes it look like the person may own a large operation

1 - 15 of 15 Posts