T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. as you may know, I'm brand new at this haha.

I have a 1 color (I think ) job that's black and white (I guess that would be 2 color)
And it's due by Saturday!!! And I'm stressed because I tried to print it on the transparency and it came out way too light and kinda rough. It wasn't solid at all. Do you guys use this? I bought the Printa System screen printing kit.

thanks!
-Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jdr8271 said:
I would reccomend buying a book on the program. There are tons of books out there. For the transparency, make the settings on the printer very dark, or print two transparencies and put them on top of each other.

wow.. thanks for answering!
and that's a great idea about the two transparencies. Does the picture have to be in a vector?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of files are Vector files? can you turn a Jpeg into a vector file? Do I have to send them to a vectoring service? I would LOOOVE to have clean lines.

Thanks for being such a big help by the way. you're a good person

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
What kind of files are Vector files? can you turn a Jpeg into a vector file?
Corel or illustrator drawings are vector. Vector drawings are made up of points conntected by lines, rather than by pixels. Pixels are tiny squares. When you stretch out tiny squares, you get big squares of color which makes your image pixelated and not sharp. If you use illustrator, since there are no pixels, the lines can be stretched unlimitadely. You can turn a jpg drawing into vector by tracing the jpg with the drawing tools in your program. If you don't know how to do this yet, you should probably find a graphic designer to help you out. The learning curve on these programs can be a while. You should buy a book and study up. I would also recomend illustrator over corel, but if you have already purchased corel, that will work fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdr8271 said:
Corel or illustrator drawings are vector. Vector drawings are made up of points conntected by lines, rather than by pixels. Pixels are tiny squares. When you stretch out tiny squares, you get big squares of color which makes your image pixelated and not sharp. If you use illustrator, since there are no pixels, the lines can be stretched unlimitadely. You can turn a jpg drawing into vector by tracing the jpg with the drawing tools in your program. If you don't know how to do this yet, you should probably find a graphic designer to help you out. The learning curve on these programs can be a while. You should buy a book and study up. I would also recomend illustrator over corel, but if you have already purchased corel, that will work fine.

Ooh. wow. ok, maybe I'll send it over to a vectoring service. Have you done this before? I'm wondering if they send it to you ready to print hehe. that would be nice.

Thanks again for your info!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well.. as you may know, I'm brand new at this haha.

I have a 1 color (I think ) job that's black and white (I guess that would be 2 color)
And it's due by Saturday!!! And I'm stressed because I tried to print it on the transparency and it came out way too light and kinda rough. It wasn't solid at all. Do you guys use this? I bought the Printa System screen printing kit.

thanks!
-Ken
Ken... LOL. Boy do I feel your pain! When I first started using it, Corel Draw seemed like it was designed on Mars! :-D Anyway, for $25 per month, Learning @ Your Own Pace® - lynda.com has gobs of really neat tutorials that show you how to use not only CD, but also PhotoShop (created on Pluto!), and scores of other applications... for the $25/mo, you can log on and take the tutorials as many times as you want and learn as much as your brain can hold...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts