T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im Looking into buying a press. I have read on this forum and understand that I should not go smaller then 15x15. I Kinda like this press Heat Presses - Geo Knight Heat Press - Geo Knight 14 x 16 Digital Combo Swinge becuase it is a swing away, I can move the heat out of my way and line up my shirt with a clear veiw. I also like the fact that it is higher off the table so garments hang over it. For now I am just going to get a press and do stock transfers, But I plan on eventually getting an epson1280 printer and designing my own stuff. I also would like to do hats and mugs, with the DC16 attachments are cheaper then buying seperate machines for each process. Coastal has the best deal I have found $1,155.00 w/free shipping. I havent seen any posts on it yet and Im still in my planning stage so any comments,suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello Eric,

As you are in the planning stages, might I offer a suggestion about heat presses?

If you are going to purchase a heat press to do stock heat transfers, what size transfers do you plan to use? If there is nothing larger than 12x12", then a 15x15" heat press will do. If you plan to do the oversized transfers, then a 16x20 may be the item worth thinking about.

I have a National heat press, 15x15, flat press since 1987 (when I first started). Never had a problem with it. Had a Hix 15x15 flat for 7 years and no problems with that one either. Had a GK mug press, made one mug and had nothing but problems.

In another forum, for the past year or two, there has been a discussion concerning the GK heat presses, including the DC16. A majority of posters had nothing but complaints about wiring, fuses and such. Myself, if I ever decided to get a new heat press, it would not be a GK brand. I'll stick with Hix, National, Stahl's, and a few others.

You can usually pick up a decent cap press from fellow printers or from Ebay for a reasonable price. I had a National cap press and as I seldom did caps, I sold it for $150.00 Worked great, just didn't use it.

I would really ask questions before investing a lot of money into a heat press. A 15x15 can run from $500 to over $1200.

Hope this helps.

Fred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts