T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a T-Shirt business and we customize T-Shirts. We currently only use the inkjet Tranfer Paper for Opaque and Light garments for printing. But the Opaque transfer paper lives behind a background that looks gross. I also do sell logos & graphic tees, but I get their design on a wax-like paper from someone, and I just heat press it onto the T-Shirt to print the design on T-Shirt. Anyways, my question is How can I make a plastisol transfer paper, which is multi-colored and in order to print it on the T-Shirt all I have to do is heat press it? I want to be able to do everything on my own. What printers, inks, and paper types will I need? Where can I get them from? And, how much do they cost about? Thank you for your help.

Best,
Ashley :):)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need a full screen printing setup to make plastisol transfers, they don't just print out of a printer
I would really appreciate if you can guide me though the process. For example, say that I want to transfer a Superman logo on a T-Shirt. What machines and supplies (like some kind of special ink, paper, etc.) will I need?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need exactly the same equipment as if you were screen printing directly on the tshirts. Press, dryer, exposure unit, screens, emulsion, plastisol inks, wash out sink, pressure washer, etc.
Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll start from screen printing first. How long does it take to make one screen print transfer? Do you know any vendors I'll be able to get this stuff from?

· Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll start from screen printing first. How long does it take to make one screen print transfer? Do you know any vendors I'll be able to get this stuff from?
You need to do some homework first. Based on your questions, you are not familiar with the industry at all.

We spent about 15K on the equipment....Manual 6/6 press, dryer, exposure unit, wash out sink. Then add on the screens, emulsion, squeegees, the pressure washer, the ink, the chemicals to clean everything and the electrical to get everything running. Don't forget the computer and the printer to create the positives that you need to burn your screens with. Then you can purchase the transfer paper and start learning to screen print single color designs, then 2 color and so on.

You need to determine if you #1 have enough sales to pay for the initial investment to do them yourself and #2 considering the time that you will spend in prep, screening, and clean up - are you saving any money by doing them yourself instead of having your transfers made elsewhere.

Wish you luck in your endeavors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.