T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in connecting with businesses and newbies in the apparel decorating industry with a handful of awesome new product ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions of easy ways to connect with this market (screen printers, embroiders, sublimation(ers?) :) …)?

As a screen printer myself, I get bombarded with traditional media mostly (mailers, catalogs, phone calls, walk-in salespeople). Most of it gets trashed, but some content is definitely worthy.

*note: I know TSF is a great place for feedback, but not necessarily a place to advertise/sell products. Right?

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
I’m interested in connecting with businesses and newbies in the apparel decorating industry with a handful of awesome new product ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions of easy ways to connect with this market (screen printers, embroiders, sublimation(ers?) :) …)?
Getting involved is one way to help you network with those you in your niche. A lot can be said for sharing educational tips, posting experiences, etc.

You could also try press releases, attending and exhibiting at industry tradeshows like the NBM Show, ISS Shows, SGIA Expo, etc

*note: I know TSF is a great place for feedback, but not necessarily a place to advertise/sell products. Right?
It's also great place to network, share educational tips, experiences, learn about the industry, etc :)

We do have some advertising options, but yes, we don't allow promotion of your own products/services within the forum threads.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rodney,

I appreciate the feed back.

Exhibiting at a trade show: This is a great idea, but really you need to have a product that can support such a large investment (booths are very expensive). The same goes for most old media outlets like print magazines and mailers.

I feel like this fact cuts out lots of potentially valuable products from our market from ever being created. That's why I was looking for suggestions of less expensive ways to connect to our old media industry.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
That's why I was looking for suggestions of less expensive ways
Gotcha, you didn't mention the "less expensive" part :)

Exhibiting at a trade show: This is a great idea, but really you need to have a product that can support such a large investment (booths are very expensive). The same goes for most old media outlets like print magazines and mailers.
I've seen smaller ticket items sold and advertised at tradeshows. If your new product is truly "awesome", then it should generate enough sales and exposure to cover the booth :)

Maybe start a smaller shows and work your way up.

I feel like this fact cuts out lots of potentially valuable products from our market from ever being created.
I don't think so. People create products based on a need or desire. If the product is truly valuable, then with the right marketing, the word will spread. With targeted advertising the product will sell and the advertising or exposure will pay for itself.

Sometimes you just have to start slower if the marketing budget isn't there. That's why I mentioned press releases. Those don't cost much to write and distribute, and you never know who could pick up the story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.