T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

We've purchased a Brother GT 3 months ago, basically at this time, we use it to print personalized t-shirts using our Virtual Airbrush™ clipart that we personalize. It's been a great addition to our amusement park spot. Now that our season is coming to an end we would like to keep the Brother busy doing small runs as well as printing one offs. I guess my question is how are you guys using your DTG printers? Are most of you competing with screen-printers? Are some of you strictly using it to print personalized single prints? Also, how do you guys think the DTG printers will effect the transfer industry?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Hitman, looks like you have your concept down. I work for a screenprinter and do my DTG'n freelance. There's alot of people who need custom stuff that screenprinter will not touch, or that the customer will not or cannot pay the price. People also appreciate the softhand feel that plastisol cannot give them. Transfers will have there place. Onsie jobs with custom artwork people will pay a premium for but not enough to get a screener to set up screens and do separations.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
A good idea is too go around to local screen printers and embroidery business's and let them know that you can offer small run printing and custom high color printing. Let them know that you would like to work with them as far as sending darks and large orders there way, and in turn they can send small run and custom jobs your way. Same with embroidery shops, network with them to exchange leads on work. It works great for me in our area where we live, and it builds good relationships between business's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts