T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just had my THIRD epson printer [2 C82's and now my C84] just clog up and won't work....

I need to get an order out ASAP and I also own a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 9650 and was wondering if the transfers wear well from these printers?

HELP!!!! :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
What type of ink cartriges are you using? Are they factory cartriges, or from an outside supplier? Are the ink cartriges new or have they been sitting around for a while? They shouldnt be clogging up....

I have an epson c88 and it works great and has fabulous print quality.

The HP printers have dye based inks that will run when washed. Upon the second washing, the ink runs will wash outl Its not the end of the world to use the HP if you have no alternative. I would just use the HP and save the frustration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have spent2 hours researching Epson C88+printers and I am told they are crappy printers. I was going to buy the CIS ink system for it.Is there a better printer to use that is reasonable, is the CIS ink system worth the money?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I use HP printers for my transfers. A few key things are:

Use HP's Vivera inks.

Print at Normal quality so that you're rendering 300dpi ink -- printing at Best renders 600dpi, and that's just too much ink.

Let your transfer "dry" for 15 to 30 minutes before pressing it.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Dear Mary,

I have a c88+ and it is great. It's even a refurb unit from epson.com, $40 shipped to my house. The c88's are being replaced by the c120's. I'm sorry you've read bad things, but I've only had a great experince and have really only read about folks liking their printers... hope it helps to hear from the other side of the coin...

The upper models add nice features like wide format printing. The c88 and c120 limit paper size.

The CIS's are definitely money savers when it comes to price per print. The OEM's are most costly to print with, next less costly is the re-fill cartridges (and they seem to clog less without daily printing), and the biggest money saver once you get past price of admission is the CIS (but some systems/printers seem to experience clogging issues if not printed with regularly.)

Best regards,
Kelly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts