T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have heard that the Versacamm Printer/Cutters has an issue with accuracy when contour cutting over 2 metres of multiple designs. Can anybody clarify this, as I am interested in purchasing a Versacamm Sp 300i?

Many thanks.

· Registered
849 Posts
You have to maintain any piece of equipment....the Versacamm is no different....I have a 2...almost 3 year old VP-540.....I calibrate it once a month....but I do lots of volumne through my machine....a Roland is a real money making workhorse.

· Registered
103 Posts
I get stuff done by a shop that has 2 of them. I am very happy with the work, I do notice every so many feet they have registration marks. They also print, remove and run through a laminator and then do the contour cut and like I said I am very happy. I am planning on buying one soon.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input everyone, I have been looking at a versacamm for sometime, but a colleague said I should look at a Mimaki cjv30 series, as they are more accurate when contour cutting and the print quality is just as good as a versacamm.

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone, I have been looking at a versacamm for sometime, but a colleague said I should look at a Mimaki cjv30 series, as they are more accurate when contour cutting and the print quality is just as good as a versacamm.
We have a VP-540, only had to recalibrate it a couple times in the two years we've had the machine and like stated above it's a real work horse and basically trouble free.

The interesting thing about the Mimaki is the dual CMYK ink set that will switch from one cart to the other, and the white ink capability.

CJV series uses fast drying SS21 solvent ink, which enables it to make contour cutting soon after printing and prevents ink from coming off during cutting. In addition, the “White ink overlay print function” using high density white ink offers simultaneous white and full color printing and creates vivid full color images onto opaque substrates. This expands the range of applications in print & cut. Almost odorless ES3 Eco solvent ink is also available for users in restricted ventilation areas.
I have never witnessed one of these printers in operation although I have a client that has a Mutoh that I wasn't that impressed with over a Roland.

JMHO

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Mine is 7 years old SP 300 V. Works great. What everyone else said about calibration and maintenance. I did however buy some wheel type plugs that go into the ends of the material tubes. This helps with a smoother feed and less friction. Really helps the tracking on heavier material and reduces the need to unspool the material prior to job run. Also if the friction wheels get dirty or flat spots because the pressure was left on overnight / lever arm down / you will have tracking problems. Also bleeds outside of the cut line will reduce any noticable registration errors. I do enviromental cal everyday. This helps as well takes about 45 sec and is automatic.

· Registered
1,822 Posts
the accuracy of the unit is 0.04% times distance traveled. Mimaki does not have thier accuracy on the spec sheets. If you keep the Roland clean and calibrated, it will out perform any other unit on the market IMHO. As for the dual CMYK, that is nice, but you can get that in a roland now also along with Lc, Lm, white and metallic inks! The metallic inks allow for over 500 custom metallic colors. No othe printer on the market even comes close. Again, IMHO as I have 2 Roland printers right now and a third coming next month. GREAT units.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.