T-Shirt Forums banner

How 2 Program Credit Card Swiper Machine 2 Work w/ Merchant Account?

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  tuan 
#1 ·
I have a dilemma and was hoping to get some tips from someone. I will be selling my shirts for the first time in a month at an fair and looking to get a credit card swiper machine, the type that you just swipe and it prints a receipt and you're done. My option right now is to buy the machine directly from my merchant account provider for close to $700. They said that if I purchase it somewhere else they will not program it for me.

My question is what does it take to get a machine "programmed" for use with my account? I would like to get maybe a used machine for a lot cheaper than $700 but who is going to "program" it for me? Is my only choice is to buy it from my provider?

Anyone?
THanks!

#5 ·
I use United Bank card for my merchant processing. I used a terminal I had gotten off craigslist and they talked me through the programming of the unit. They are also one of the cheapest out there for processing. We only pay a $7.00 a month statement fee and a $3.75 a month PCI fee plus we dont have a minimum to make each month. PM me if you want to go through my rep. I dont pay a yearly renewal fee either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.