T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilemma and was hoping to get some tips from someone. I will be selling my shirts for the first time in a month at an fair and looking to get a credit card swiper machine, the type that you just swipe and it prints a receipt and you're done. My option right now is to buy the machine directly from my merchant account provider for close to $700. They said that if I purchase it somewhere else they will not program it for me.

My question is what does it take to get a machine "programmed" for use with my account? I would like to get maybe a used machine for a lot cheaper than $700 but who is going to "program" it for me? Is my only choice is to buy it from my provider?

Anyone?
THanks!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Check with your provider to see if they have a terminal that is an add-on to your cell phone. I just got one for my iPhone. I email the receipt to my customer, no printing needed.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use United Bank card for my merchant processing. I used a terminal I had gotten off craigslist and they talked me through the programming of the unit. They are also one of the cheapest out there for processing. We only pay a $7.00 a month statement fee and a $3.75 a month PCI fee plus we dont have a minimum to make each month. PM me if you want to go through my rep. I dont pay a yearly renewal fee either.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks Jane- I use my iphone to process but it is all hand input - works well but as a vendor at shows not fast enough a swipe would be great

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check with your provider to see if they have a terminal that is an add-on to your cell phone. I just got one for my iPhone. I email the receipt to my customer, no printing needed.
Do you have to have a smart phone like the iphone to get this add on? I just have a regular phone.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not sure about anything other than an iPhone, but I think there are terminals that work with different model of cell phones and they don't have to be smart phones.
Well thanks for sharing your experience.
Btw I have no clue how the the whole process of charging a credit card on a phone works when you're selling at say an art fair. Can you explain the process for you on your iphone? I would like to know so I can get an idea of how it would work for my non-smart phone.
THanks!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Well thanks for sharing your experience.
Btw I have no clue how the the whole process of charging a credit card on a phone works when you're selling at say an art fair. Can you explain the process for you on your iphone? I would like to know so I can get an idea of how it would work for my non-smart phone.
THanks!
Here's a picture of my iPhone with the terminal attached. I put a business card in the slot to show you where the credit card goes. I set up my merchant account and put the processing program on my phone and that is about it. When I run a credit card I open the Payware program, swipe the card, put in the dollar amount, the customer's email address and it's done.

I did a Google search for mobile phone credit card processing and this is one of the results - this shows pictures of different types of mobile terminals.

AIRCHARGE ® Cell Phone Credit Card Processing

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a picture of my iPhone with the terminal attached. I put a business card in the slot to show you where the credit card goes. I set up my merchant account and put the processing program on my phone and that is about it. When I run a credit card I open the Payware program, swipe the card, put in the dollar amount, the customer's email address and it's done.

I did a Google search for mobile phone credit card processing and this is one of the results - this shows pictures of different types of mobile terminals.

AIRCHARGE ® Cell Phone Credit Card Processing
Thanks so much for your explanation and images!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts