T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the auto open clamshells (16x20) from both of these companies. Wondering if one really stands out from the other? With shipping both are about the same price, I’m leaning toward the Hotronix since it is lighter to take to events and the handle position looks like it is a better position to avoid burning knuckles when closing it.

Just want to make sure pressure and performance are the good for the long haul.

Thanks

· Registered
859 Posts
I am looking at the auto open clamshells (16x20) from both of these companies. Wondering if one really stands out from the other? With shipping both are about the same price, I’m leaning toward the Hotronix since it is lighter to take to events and the handle position looks like it is a better position to avoid burning knuckles when closing it.

Just want to make sure pressure and performance are the good for the long haul.

Thanks
They both make a great press. We like Geo Knight presses a little more though. They are built to be very durable. They are also easy to maintain them to keep it working perfectly.
The handle on a Geo Knight DK20A is no where near close enough to the platen to burn your hand, it is also protected by a cover.

Stahls is a local company for us, we know they make good products also.
You cant go wrong with either press.

· Registered
48 Posts
I have both of the presses. After using hotronix for 5 years I had to replace control board($225)other than that I never had any problems. Geo Knight I have 16x20 for 6 months and I already replaced once. Platen was not heating evenly. Second problem I had was broken bolt. Third, when I lose the knob all the way heat platen dropped. I did not know It was not secured. I think it is dangerous to use. It has interchangeable platen, but me and my partner was never able to change it by hand. You have to use tools and be very very strong to do that. Therefore, I would recommend hotronix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.