T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a heat press and have this used one in mind. Main thing I am concerned with is this better than buying a chinese type off Ebay. The person wants around $200 for it and our budget is limited. We envisage heating A3 and A4 transfers and about 300 or so a year.
Hotronix Strhils Thermal Transfer Press

1750 Watts 240 Volts.AC
Date 3/96 Serial No 902407 Model xsw
Phattern 20" x 10" - 500 x 400
Gap 2 1/2" - 60
Been in storage for 12 Years

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It's definately better than a Chinese press off of Ebay, but I would be concerned with how long it has been in storage.

I would want to test it with a heat gun myself. If you know any screenprinters, you can use the same device they use to check their dryer.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
As Nick said - it's better than buying chinese-made/no brand.

On the pictures the press looks like it's in a good condition.

Check it's working order on pick up - I would recommend printing out a full platten-size transfer and taking with you something to press it onto: it will help you to make sure that the pressure is even and there are no "cold" spots" on the platten.

Stahls Pacific has an office in Sydney, see if they would service the machine if you have any problems with it.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sold for 356.00 so somebody is laughing... i was $350 on Ebay. Damn it. Now still looking for a Hix or Hotronix as they seem to be what everybody recommends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts